Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

for you hexie lovers   Quilting Swaps - Unsewn

Started Apr-26 by latterberry; 836 views.
Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-26

oh .. good idea!   make note: "rotate head to even out the flat spots".  Got it.  :-)

and ... it is so *PRETTY*!  :-)

Might I add now that I have different plans for the edge finish than what the pattern shows?  Of course, I do.  :-)

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-26

I took a class from 'The Hexpert' herself - Cheryl See... it was a fun class and I only did ONE of those Hexie - Daisies that figure into the design of 'Star Struck'

Did you know she did a miniature one of 'Star Struck' (named 'Starlette') in addition to the full sized one that currently resides in the Paducah Quilt Museum... she has way more patience than I do!

And as you can see, I don't have nearly the stash Cheryl has for blending backgrounds. Each of the background hexies is a different color - we had trading sessions in class to see if we could get a smooth transition going - this was the best I could do!

Pirate (PIRATE_SR)

Apr-27

wowsers, Suze!  That looks very nice!

latterberry

Apr-27

Wow!  I am really impressed!  Your quilt looks great!  How long did it take you to make?

Midkid5

Apr-27

I think you did a very nice job of blending the background.  I hope you have a nice place to display this sweet quilt.

Jo

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-27

Ooh...don't rightly remember how long it took to make! the Hexie-Daisy center was done in class... and I remember taking the rest of it to work to sew on during lunch. A couple of weeks, I think! 

Suze (casuzenn)

Apr-27

It hung on my flipper cabinet at work for a long time...Since I work from home now, all the stuff I used to have in my office is home now.

Sadly, I have no space to hang up anything anymore at home! I have a stack of wall hanging quilts that I occasionally rotate. It's probably time to do another rotation.

Your hexi quilt is really pretty.

Mishii

Apr-29

That is very pretty and Cheryl is insane.