Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

A Gift Quilt Story   General Discussion

Started May-14 by judyinohio; 315 views.
judyinohio

May-14

Six or seven (or maybe more) years ago my DD made a couch quilt for her friend Teresa for the woman's 50th birthday. I had helped DD pick out a pattern and fabrics because, true to her nature, DD had procrastinated somewhat and so was under  pressure to get the quilt finished in time to mail the gift to California before the big day. Teresa is a nurse who lives in Laguna Nigel. DD and I quilted the pretty pink, black and white quilt on Lily Aurora.

You might have seen recent news stories on TV or in the newspaper about the coastal fires in Laguna Nigel. DD received a blurry photo on Friday with this image of the back of the birthday quilt;  Teresa has evacuated from her home to her daughter's house and obviously took her special quilt with her.

CC (ccase5)

May-14

Oh my , one always wonders what to grab. A quilt of course!
Judy (DJZMOM)

Jun-8

How nice to see that it was considered to be one of the precious evacuated items.  Her quilt and the represented friendship obviously has special meaning to her.