Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

mountains fabric   General Discussion

Started Jun-3 by sueinIL; 1313 views.
Contraryqltr

Jun-4

Sue,

Was it you that got a bunch of earth, space fabric & was not sure what to do with it?  I'm asking because I get Hawthorne Supply's newsletter and they featured the fabrics and showed some patterns to use them on.  Here is a link - hopefully it works.

https://tinyurl.com/pkz5jx3c

Mary in Michigan

Ooooooooo!  I love that one that looks like stained glass - Cupola Views.  Beautiful!  

judyinohio

Jun-4

I agree ... truly an inspired pattern for those fabrics.

In reply toRe: msg 10
sueinIL

Jun-5

Hi, all

I liked the Cupola Views design, too, until I decided I wanted to include more of earth's landscapes as well.  The CV uses pretty small pieces of the Earth Views fabric, and I wanted to use bigger pieces of them.  So what I searched for was a pattern that combined large AND small squares. I found that in a pattern called Under the Shamrock by Designs and Quilting. The large squares are from the Earth Views line, and the small are more literal  landscape features of earth. I cut a lot of them yesterday, but I feel I'll be pretty short of the 124 goal. The pattern includes sashing to frame all the squares.\

I liked the jacket and tote on that  website very much!  Maybe with leftovers?

Sue in IL

MelRN

Jun-5

That stained glass pattern is lovely! Looks complicated, but added to my fun Pinterest quilts :D 

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Jun-6

Those fabrics are beautiful.  Can't wait tosee what you do with them.  I'm planning a quilt for my DH based on astronomy.  He has an observatory and large telescope.  I may have to include someof these.  Not sure when I will get around to it.  Trying to finish UFOs.....

Contraryqltr

Jun-6

So glad the link worked and you found a pattern you like!  You all should sign up for their newsletter as they have a giveaway drawing regularly!  I really like their fabrics and patterns, although some are kind of "muddy", which is apparently the in thing!

Mary in Michigan

Glad I am not the only one that is not a fan of the current muddy fabrics. I love clear bright vibrant colors, including their pastel shades for lights.