Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

First Feathers   General Discussion

Started Jun-22 by judyinohio; 909 views.
judyinohio

Jun-23

Thank you, Lynne. I aimed for cheerful and cute and I'm glad you see it that way.

judyinohio

Jun-23

Thank you, Ami. I was so nervous about quilting this thing and I'm glad I survived.  stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

5dogmom (CRISR5)

Jun-23

Judy,

That's really pretty!  It can come live in Montana if you don't want it!

Cris in MT

very nicely done.  And I agree, you "had" to do feathers on the feathers.  the half heart is how I've gotten somewhat comfortable with feathers.

MelRN

Jun-24

They look nice, Judy!

In reply toRe: msg 10
judyinohio

Jun-24

Thanks, Mel. 

Considering how I was holding my breath most of the time I was working on those it's a wonder I didn't pass out. disappointed_relieved

Suze (casuzenn)

Jun-24

hahaha...most of us do that when we are doing FMQ...did you have your tongue stuck between your teeth too??

Mantra when Quilting....'Breathe!!'

judyinohio

Jun-24

I've been doing free motion work on Cecil Faye for decades and I had gotten very relaxed about it because of the "gadgets" I use. Machinger gloves, super slider under the quilt, a perfect open toed foot and years of practice made things go quite easily until three years ago when my broken left arm (and cracked left shoulder) messed things up big time.  Doggoned left arm just never quite recovered from that injury and so free motion work developed a sort of "hesitation" or "limp".

I mean if it's hard to reach out and pull my car door shut in my SUV or manipulate the steering wheel in the car you can guess it's tricky to finesse with a quilt under the needle of the sewing machine. unamused

MelRN

Jun-25

Pls don't pass out on us! LOL!!! 

Contraryqltr

Jun-26

They look really good.  I hunch my shoulders up when I FMQ on my regular machine - I've had to stick to smallish lap size or smaller quilts because my shoulders are not what they use to be and get so tense during quilting that it's not worth the pain.

Mary in Michigan