Online Quilting Guild

Hosted by Janet Wickell (janma)|ScrapQuilts.com

Welcome to our free quilting forum, the Online Quilting Guild, where you can share ideas about quilting, swap fabrics and other projects, and chat with quilters worldwide.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

what a difference a border makes   General Discussion

Started Aug-16 by Dee in TX (DBRADFOR3); 745 views.
latterberry

Aug-18

Another great quilt!  It looks familiar, did you do one like it some time ago?  I know I used it as inspiration  to make one for myself.  The border is lovely and really finishes it off.

yes, it's the same quilt.  I pieced it last summer then hung it in the closet.  I decided to donate some of my I spy quilts to our "country store" at our upcoming guild quilt show in Sept.  But that meant I had to finish some of them.  When I meant to look in that closet I realized I hadn't put borders on any of them (there were about a dozen).  Which got me started putting on borders.  I had thought I would donate this one, but I liked it too much once I added the borders.  I did finish 8 of them, but am only donating 4 (and only if they sell, they promised they'd give them back if they didn't sell).  the other 4 I'm keeping for future gifts.  I've posted pictures of the tops here but haven't done a blog post for any of them yet.  Maybe this weekend.

Cathy (cacnurse1)

Aug-18

Agree. The border  makes a big difference.  Interesting that a simple border can do that.

Judy (DJZMOM)

Sep-3

WOW is right!!  That border really changes the way it finishes.

sueinIL

Sep-4

I love the added flair your border made and how it brings all the ric rac colors together.  I bought that pattern, too, and a set of orange prints for the blocks. Interesting design!

Sue in IL