The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussion

Ride Like a Pro   General

Started Apr-7 by wswann; 1124 views.
wswann

Apr-7

So....   Spring has Sprung, retracted and Sprung again.   

I wanted to run this idea past the group.

#1 - It will cost your $150.00

#2 - It could save you a few grand one day

Ride Like a Pro - http://www.ridelikeapromd.com/

I have taken this course twice - the last time back in 2015, Corinna and I took the class together.  Yep - most of us are experienced riders.  Some of us have been riding for years.  There is at least one of us who has at least 100K miles on their bike.  I think we could ALL use a skill refreshers course every now and again.   The course could probably teach some of us old dogs some new tricks and help us overcome bad habits that have developed over the years.

The class is held in Waldorf, MD.   I have talked with Dave from Ride Like a Pro about a private class just for us.   The minimum amount of riders he will work with is 12 and the total cost is $1,800.00 which comes to $150 a person for the 4-hour-ish on the course class.

If we can't find 12 people interested - we can just sign up for one of the already publically scheduled classes but I  would think it would be fun to do this as a group.

So those interested raise your hand...  (and respond to this thread)

Once we have an interested head count we can pick a date that is mutually agreeable to the group.

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 1
Baggerr

Apr-7

I am interested, but I have many commitments for weekends this summer.  therefore the date will determine if I can go or not.

gmc_blue

Apr-7

Will, I need an email address for you.  Not all our members belong to Delphi and some may be interested in attending.

My direct email is Bluemunoz@Verizon.net

~Blue

I would be interested in going again especially since I am on a bigger bike now. Not excited about those figure 8s but it needs to be done!

beaustiles

Apr-7

Also interested...

Lisa V (ladyg0)

Apr-7

I want to take it, but am a bit anxious about the intensity of the course.

wswann

Apr-8

Hey Lisa -

It is an intense as you want it to be.   The instructor will tell you what you need to do - if you decide to do it is up to you. :)

gmc_blue

Apr-9

Will, I sent the "Ride Like A Pro" information to our Greater Manassas Chapter members via an email as well.  It's great that you're organizing this.

~Blue, FO

GMC475, SCRC

Paul C

Apr-9

I am interested, if I'm available on whatever weekend that's decided. Kinda in the same situation as Bagrr.

Paul C

Apr-9

Whoops spell check! Lol Bagrr= Baggerr