The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ride Like a Pro   General

Started 4/7/17 by wswann; 1272 views.
Paul C

4/18/17

I'm in for June 11. Tammy is trying to decide, and I have asked my son who lives in Lexington Park if he is interested in joining us. I will keep you posted.

In reply toRe: msg 17
Lisa V (ladyg0)

4/20/17

Sorry, folks, but I am going to bail on this.  After reading the web site, I believe it is just more intense training than I am ready to take.  With a little word of month (cross posting and talking to people you know who ride), I'm guessing you'll get commitments from 12 people soon.

Enjoy the class.

wswann

4/20/17

Bummer -   At some point this summer I will arrange for a less aggressive training in some commuter lot...  Horner road in Woodbridge is actually a good place to practice these things.   We can set out cones and mimic the class training but take it at our own pace.

If you change your mind - you have until June 4th to pay for the class. :)

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 17
wswann

4/20/17

OK folks...

In our meeting on Tuesday - we decided that June 11th would be the best time to do this class.  Now it is time to pay up. :)

You can either....

A. Give me your $$ at the next meeting. $150.00 and I will send a check to Ride Like a Pro

or 

B.  You can send your funds via snail mail to:  Ride Like a Pro of Maryland, LLC - 26831 Hidden Acres Ct. Mechanicsville, MD. 20659

I do need to collect your names as you would like to see them on your course completion certificate.   I have setup a spreadsheet on Google Docs - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-ar74bwsWoZp06m4GbxLjtddxg0TJYnYCaQjPiF6wyA/edit#gid=0   

The first time you access the above link it will ask you to Request Edit Access.   I will get an email and will give you edit permissions to this file so you can fill in your information.   OR..  You can just respond to this message and I will put the info in for you. :)

I have paid the deposit for the course already - now we just need 11 more people to pay for the class.   I think we are two riders short of our 12 rider minimum but we should be able to get 2 more by the end of May to commit.  

Thanks,

Will

In reply toRe: msg 20
wswann

4/27/17

Hey folks -

Quick update...  Our class is confirmed.

http://www.ridelikeapromd.com/misc/schedule.htm

The instructor has requested that I collect everyones funds and submit one payment to them.

For SCRC #293 folks - I will collect your monies at our next meeting on 16 May - or you can mail them to be via snail mail

8805 Terry Lynn Ct. Springfield, VA 22152.  So far I have paid and Ken Spellman of Manassas has paid.   

We are still 2 riders short of our 12-pack.   Pass the word to see if you can find any other takers.  I have reached out to the Loudoun Chapter as well but no takers yet.

Thanks!

Will

Paul C

4/27/17

Seeing as I have not been able to make a meeting in a very long while, please look for a check in the mail from me.

wswann

4/27/17

Sounds good.  How do you want your name on your certificate?

Paul I would highly recommend that Tammy take this course. It will do wonders for her confidence and help her learn to trust her bike. It did wonders for me on my last bike and while a bit nervous, I'm looking forward to gaining those same skills and confidence on my bigger bike. 

We will be in Myrtle Beach next meeting so we will snail mail funds to you. 

wswann

4/27/17

Snail mail - drop it by the house - pay your debt in beer...  Whatever is most convenient for you. :)