The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

2018 - Polar Bear Ride   General

Started Dec-22 by wswann; 166 views.
wswann

Dec-22

Well Well Well...  You have squandered another year and 2017 is about to close out on us.

Don't fear though..  The days are getting longer and that means.....  We have more time to ride!   The Polar Bear Ride is turning into a multi-chapter event...  Manassas will be leading us on a ride down 55 along with Loudoun to the Queen Street Diner, 728 E Queen St, Strasburg, VA 22657 

KSU will be 10:00 AM at the Sheetz in Haymarket.  This is all weather dependent and we will see what the weather is like in another week.   Hopefully I will see you there!

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 2
wswann

Dec-26

Hey Folks -

With the impending cold weather.. There have been some changes to this event.

#1 - Meet @ the Sheetz in Haymarket @ 10:30

#2 - KSU @ 11:00

#3 - Destination is now Famous Dave's in Chantilly @ Noon.

I will modify the meetup accordingly as well.

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 3
wswann

Dec-31

Hey Folks -

The weather gods have advised that we not do the Polar Bear ride tomorrow.   With the cold temps and possible ice on the side roads it has been decided that for safety's sake we will keep it on 4 wheels. 

But...  We can all still meet at Famous Daves in Chantilly for a spirited lunch at noon.   We will be meeting up with the Manassas and Loudoun groups.

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 4
Lisa V (ladyg0)

Dec-31

Wise choice not to do the Polar Bear Ride on New Year's Day with a high of 24° forecast.  Perhaps the temps will break 30° a little later in the month and you can do it then.  (I don't think it's written in stone it has to be on New Year's Day.)  I'll see you on two wheels once the temps hit 55° before I leave the house - perhaps late March/early April?

I'm having family over for our traditional New Year's Day pork/sauerkraut/mashed potatoes/blackeye pea/cornbread/apple pie a la mode dinner so won't be able to join you.

Everyone be safe tonight, if you are heading out.  Happy New Year!  

In reply toRe: msg 4
boqye53

Dec-31

I went out and checked.

My Polar Bear is frozen solid.

It's not even that warm, inside my house.

Happy New Year.

Jess

In reply toRe: msg 6
wswann

Jan-1

Hey Folks -

Yup - too cold to ride today but that didn't stop 20 or so folks from showing up at Famous Dave's for a New Year's eat and greet.   I personally hadn't met a bunch of the Loudoun guys so it was nice to meet some new folks.   Hopefully everyone had a nice New Years and are ready to get back to the 2018 grind. :)

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 7
boqye53

Jan-3

Thought about a short ride this evening.

Decided it would be better to just play in the sprinkler out in the yard.  <G>

Jess

In reply toRe: msg 8
boqye53

Jan-4

I just went out to move some snow.  I checked the weather first and it said it was 22*, but felt like 9 or 10.  (and blowing like hell)

I put in a couple hours, and the weather people lied.  I didn't feel like 9 or 10, I felt like 64.

Jess

wswann

Jan-5

Let me know when the sprinklers thaw out - I will dig up my speedos and come over for a Polar Bear sprinkle...