Fairfax County VA Southern Cruisers #293

Hosted by wswann

The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Any interest in a MC Ride Tent Camping Trip?   Rides and Events

Started 2/8/18 by Borg (293004); 454 views.
Borg (293004)

2/8/18

Tom B, Tom H, Steve, and Borg were discussing the possibility of a motorcycle tent camping event at Bikes and Smokes, is there any interest in doing this among our current club members?

Cajun (cajunhart)

2/11/18

Hey guys depending on where and when I might go for it too

Cajun

Baggerr

2/12/18

When is key for me for scheduling...  But I am interested.

Savage126

2/12/18

God no!!!  Thanks for asking though. 

Borg (293004)

2/15/18

So what average temperatures do you think you can tolerate during the night?

boqye53

2/16/18

So what average temperatures do you think you can tolerate during the night?

I've always found that the answer to that is... how many do you have in your sleeping bag? <G>

Jess

I remember camping in the back of my capped El Camino on the floor of Yosemite National Park.   Man, it got frigid at night.  So a couple hours in, with the wife and I snuggled down in our own bags, a slight tinkling sound made her ask what the heck was that?   I said, I'm peeing in my canteen.  Why?  Because it's too cold to get up and put my pants on and walk a quarter mile to the facilities (I was a Boy Scout, and always plan ahead).  She says.... well crap, now I have to go.  You want to borrow the canteen?   Kiss my ass!!   So she struggles into some clothes and climbs out, and being the considerate husband I am, I say.... watch out for the bears they told us about wandering around at night.  Son of a bitch!!!!

• Edited February 16, 2018 1:42 am  by  boqye53
Savage126

2/16/18

Hey Borg, I do not tent camp at all.  Tried it once many many years ago and it was very short lived.  I hate it.

wswann

2/16/18

Hey Borg...

I am a "warm weather" camper... 60+ for a low temperature.   My REAL requirement is to have a "flusher".   The days of hanging over a log or against a tree are LONG over for me. :)

Borg (293004)

2/17/18

Yes camping can be challenging at times but no pain no gain.