Fairfax County VA Southern Cruisers #293

Hosted by wswann

The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The 4/14 or 4/15 monthly ride   Rides and Events

Started Mar-20 by Borg (293004); 177 views.
Borg (293004)

Mar-20

Moon will be unable to host the 4/14 or 4/15 ride, looking for anyone else who might be interested in leading/hosting this ride.

wswann

Mar-30

Hey Borg -

I am thinking about doing a 4/7 ride.   Destination - Romney WV...   Buck's Indian Motorcycle Museum.   I hope to have the route finalized this weekend and I will post it up on Meetup..

Thanks,

Will

In reply toRe: msg 2
Borg (293004)

Mar-31

Great news, I would like to go but I will be in Michigan.

Lisa V (ladyg0)

Apr-1

I hate to admit it, but I have not had the bike out yet this year!  When the weather has been good, I have had commitments; when I have been available, the weather did not cooperate (60 or better and no wet stuff falling from the sky).  

If you do this ride, I might join you for part of it, just to get out.  (I have plans with a friend for later in the day Saturday).

gmc_blue

Apr-2

Will, we visited Bucks last year.  They prefer if you call ahead and make an appointment.  Also stop by the pawn shop next to Bucks.  Bucks mother owns it.   Amazing collection of old guns, knives, stuffed animals that Buck's mother hunted and many, many things.  Almost as interesting as Bucks Indians.  It's an amazing place.  There is a great place to pick up lunch just outside of Romney.

I have members that would love to return.  Maybe we can join you on this ride.  Let me know.

~Blue

wswann

Apr-3

Hey Blue -

Yeah - I called them up yesterday.  Waiting for them to call me back.   His wife said he was in the shop milling a  cylinder and he couldn't come to the phone that second. :)   As soon as I have things finalized I will put it up on Meetup and will let you know so you can pass it on to your group.

-Will

In reply toRe: msg 6
gmc_blue

Apr-3

Great.  Thanks

In reply toRe: msg 7
gmc_blue

Apr-3

Change of plans for Manassas for April 14.  We've posted a ride to Famous Taylor's Family Diner in Goochland.

If yous guys need a ready made ride please join us.

Greater Manassas Members will meet at Sheetz, Nokesville Rd. (Bristow) 8:30 AM KSU 9:00 AM. Tony will take over and lead the ride at the Hardees at 9811 Courthouse Rd., in Spotsylvania. Tony will continue on county roads stopping at Taylor's Family Restaurant in Goochland....the ratings for it are 4.5 out of 5...not bad for a little diner.

Tony will lead us back to Spotsylvania where I'll take the lead and bring us back to Manassas.

In reply toRe: msg 4
wswann

Apr-4

Hey folks -

Looks like the forecast for Saturday is calling for Rain/Snow...  100% chance.   I will have to reschedule my idea to ride out to Buck's for a later date.

-Will