The forum to discuss all things SCRCFX.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Yorktown Blues, Brews & BBQ on the River   Rides and Events

Started 3/2/17 by Savage126; 369 views.
Savage126

3/2/17

As discussed at the ride planning meeting, T3 and I are riding down to Yorktown VA on Friday May 5. 

The Blues, Brews & BBQ on the River looks like a lot of fun.  It is Sat May 6 from noon to 6:00. 

http://villageevents.org/brew/index.html

We are staying at the Duke of York Hotel (757-898-3232) which looks really nice.  It is river front and walking distance to the Saturday events.  As I understand it, it is also very close to historic sites and other things to do and a free trolley stops right there for those who don't want to walk.

It would be great if anybody wants to join us.  If others want to ride down, we will KSU from University Mall at 10:00 a.m. Friday, May 5.  Of course, one can always drive down - this is not a motorcycle event.  It only takes about 2.5 hours or so to get there.

We will be riding back sometime Sunday, May 7. 

The more the merrier!! 

• Edited March 2, 2017 4:41 pm  by  Savage126
Borg (293004)

3/2/17

I posted this ride in Meetup as a day long ride to be lead by Beau on May 6, did I get this wrong?  Somebody let me know, the marked up calendar I was working with hard to read, thanks.

Savage126

3/2/17

I didn't hear this as a day ride led by Beau but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.  I think it's a great idea if people are interested.  It certainly could be a day trip for some but it would be an early ride and dark going home if you wanted to stay until the end of the event (6p.m.).  T3 and I are staying two nights but it could be a day trip or a one night over-nighter.  I think Beau needs to weigh in here....

wswann

3/7/17

Yeah - my notes didn't have that in it either.

In reply toRe: msg 4
beaustiles

3/7/17

This was a ride mentioned by someone, but I did not commit to this one. I committed to other ones... I will have to ask Corinna which ones ;)

Borg (293004)

3/7/17

This ride has been cancelled in Meetup, thanks for responding to my questions.

Borg (293004)

3/18/17

Do you want me to post this on meetup?

Borg

Savage126

3/21/17

Sure, Borg.  That would be great.  Thanks!