scrc164

Pensacola Florida Southern Cruisers

Hosted by scrc164

Non-Profit Forum for Pensacola Florida Soutern Cruisers Riding Club. Family oriented, everyone is welcome, every bike is welcome. It's not what you ride, just that you ride.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

3rd Sunday 5/20   Scheduled Club Rides

Started May-17 by Rocky Mountain High (2wheelsforme); 443 views.

Meet the DQ for KSU 8:30. Please look at picture below and pick a route. I'm sure I'm heading to the North East, maybe the Old Barn in Goshen AL. Full day ride but you can always leave early.

Gadget (Piverator)

May-17

Funny your going there Mike. I was just thinking about heading that direction next chance I get. I don't think I've ever eaten at the Old Barn but have heard great things about it.

Well I just watched the weather report and it is not good for the weekend. Might have to change for something not so far from home.

Gadget (Piverator)

May-18

I'm not sure what the group had in mind but, we might think about going over there on our Memorial Day Weekend outing. If we do that, we may be able to take in some roads in the Greenville area that we normally don't get a chance to ride. Looks like Goshen is about 100 miles East from the campsite. I've got a day's ride over to State Line MS but currently no other routes loaded in the Garmin. Do you think you could plan a route over that way from the campsite?

I have an East and a West route already in the Zumo. The West route (Jackson, Coffeeville, Pine Hill) I was planning on doing alone as it is some exploring that not everyone would be interested in. The East side is almost to Greenville (Ridge Road above Monroeville), Midway, Owens Road (my namesake), Forest Home, Ridgeville, Pine Apple, Camden, cross the river above Camden, Pine Hill and back across the river close to Yellow Bluff. Happy to share either. They are not that long, just over 200 but really some back roads. I do want to spend some time in the campground as well as ride. 

Ron (ron32514)

May-18

Mike I have a change of plans and may join you Sunday.  

Ron

Good, Russel said He is coming so you guys will meet each other.

In reply toRe: msg 7

The Old Barn is close to 150 miles from the DQ the way I'm going, several ways to come back. More hiways and maybe faster but not really closer. We will have to move along so not a lot of long breaks and not really fast either and no dirt. It is really remote up that way and we will gas in Elba so have enough fuel to go 115 miles. https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-old-barn-restaurant-goshen 

In reply toRe: msg 8

Well that worked out well. Some great roads even a few new ones and weather was really good, much better than expected. Only a little rain dodging just before getting home. Thanks smart phone and 99 cent weather app. The Old Barn is a really nice place especially for an old barn and the food was well above average, plenty of it and reasonably priced. Service was excellent and quick, see picture of Amanda, a stop along the way  and the very strange appearance of a picture of Road Trip on the restaurant wall.