Unscheduled Club Rides -  June 15th thru the 19th. (593 views) Notify me whenever anyone posts in this discussion.Subscribe

To: All  (1 of 14) 

Planning a trip to the Smokies next week, five days of "all day" in the saddle. Plenty of interstate, several sub par roads, some likely gravel, a little dirt, a few turn arounds and little time spent in restaurants or gas stations. The exception will be for the evening sipping of bourbon and partaking of rare cooked slabs of bovine. Curves and elevation changes will be abundant and some of the most outstanding roads that can be experienced in the area will be traversed as well as trying to stay away from the cager traffic that is usually associated with that tourist happy place. One of the results will be lots of back roads and the possible sound of fiddle music. Large majestic views and a waterfall or two will be bonuses. Safety will be as always of high importance and lots of miles will be covered so everyone will know where we are headed each day. All Riders will be considered self reliant therefore babysitting will not be offered and no criticism accepted. Depart the 15th and return the 19th. Motel rooms for a very small group are already booked. If you think you are up for this trip call me 748-3748 and will see if you can fit in on the reservations. Meet point is still undecided and will be posted later but KSU time will most likely be 8:00 followed by a super slab ride to North Georgia before finding some fun roads for the rest of the day. 

Reply   Options 

From: Just David (gdhugh) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-8 3:54 PM 
To: FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)  (2 of 14) 
 9250.2 in reply to 9250.1 

Unfortunately, I have a previously scheduled appointment which cannot be missed so I'll be going up Saturday morning. Call me if you want to ride up with me. Returning the same as above.

850-380-5093

David Hughes
    SCRC164 Pensacola
Florida Panhandle ASO
    2016 FLHTKSE CVO
PALLADIUM SILVER/PHANTOM BLUE

To: FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)  (3 of 14) 
 9250.3 in reply to 9250.1 

last time I went on one of your smokie rides was a great ride in spite of rain, anyone who can go should they won't be disapointed

From: Gadget (Piverator) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-12 9:16 PM 
To: FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)  (4 of 14) 
 9250.4 in reply to 9250.1 

Sounds like a great trip. I am headed to Detroit in the truck. Moving some of Doc’s stuff in the trailer and then stopping by to see the grandkids on the return. Y’all have a great time. 

Gadget ??

To: All  (5 of 14) 
 9250.5 in reply to 9250.4 

To: All  (6 of 14) 
 9250.6 in reply to 9250.5 

Home and tired. Ron says he counted the turns we made on Saturday and came up with one million. Based on that, I figured Sunday we must have made at least 1 1/2 million turns. Plus about a dozen turn arounds. Add that to the other days and dang we left some rubber and some metal scrapes up that way. Things to know: If Ron puts on a rain suit it will quit raining. David is so slow a mobile home tried to run Him over after seeing an Ford Explorer make Him get out of the way. Maybe He is fast rather than slow because they both missed. Road Trip has an ice chest that makes both water and beer. We did have one time up in the hills really far on a tiny road with rain so hard you could only see about 5 feet so nothing to do but ride on just fast enough to keep the bike balanced. (we did not know about the rain coat thing yet) But anyway, many people would had to just stop on some dirt side road and stand in the rain until it stopped but we were able to ride out of it.

• Edited June 19, 2018 3:41 pm  by  FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)

From: Gadget (Piverator) DelphiPlus Member IconJun-19 9:33 PM 
To: FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)  (7 of 14) 
 9250.7 in reply to 9250.6 

Sounds like a great trip. Three 100K plus riders and one with the good sense to put on rain gear.....lol

To: All  (8 of 14) 
 9250.8 in reply to 9250.7 

We had great weather most of the time but did get rain several times but never for long. Yesterday on the way home David lead us and a great job he did with a fill up on the south of B-ham and not another stop until exit 69 when fuel was needed again. It was hot and to keep moving was the best plan. Sure made us miss the cool lower 60s in the mountains we had the last few days. 

• Edited June 20, 2018 9:16 am  by  FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)

To: FLATLANDS (2wheelsforme)  (9 of 14) 
 9250.9 in reply to 9250.8 

great trip thanks for the routes Mike I still don't know how you find some of the roads.  yep it rained so hard at one point we could not see more than the front fender.  on narrow roads you only meet another car in the curve proven. I think I underestimated the amount of curves, if i road up there all the time I would not wear out the center of my tires. Great time 

To: Just David (gdhugh) DelphiPlus Member Icon  (10 of 14) 
 9250.10 in reply to 9250.9 

Navigate this discussion: 1-10 11-14
Adjust text size:

Welcome, guest! Get more out of Delphi Forums by logging in.

New to Delphi Forums? You can log in with your Facebook, Twitter, or Google account or use the New Member Login option and log in with any email address.

Home | Help | Forums | Chat | Blogs | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service
© Delphi Forums LLC All rights reserved.