Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Unstable chat - regular boots?   Chat

Started Jul-31 by edtNZ; 4137 views.

I'm sorry I keep falling asleep after work and missing chat. Have there still been problems the last couple of days? (Please pass my apologies on to render, he's been most helpful and I feel bad having flaked out when I was hoping to be there)

CC to edtNZ
edtNZ

Aug-10

Hi Kidmagnet,

Yes the usual boots today.. I spent a full day in chat with the occasional break for chores.

Firefox and zeta with my usual bookmark to seniors hideaway home page and chat from there.

The symptoms where... apparent freeze on chat, post and not show for me, either a refresh or a boot,

going again...happened 4 times today across Seniors Hideaway, Pengys place and rocking in the Dragons lair

Didnt stream music once today.

Regards edtNZ

In reply toRe: msg 39
edtNZ said:

Seniors Hideaway, Pengys place and rocking in the Dragons lair

Thank you - good to know that it's happening in several chat rooms (probably all but people are so used to it they are just rolling along I suspect)

Kakes2

Aug-10

Ah, no problem. Your ears must have been burning, because I saw a few people asking for you last night, they miss you. You made a positive impression on them. :)  As for render, I will pass on your apologies, but he had an emergency last night and was not there either. He is a good resource. As for the booting, yes it continues but not as often. I have noticed that sometimes when a person first enters the room they get bounced in and out a couple times before their name is stable in the room.  Ed is doing a  good job on keeping  you up to date one his experience which is probably the same for the others.  Again, thank you so much for taking an interest in this issue.

Kakes2 said:

I have noticed that sometimes when a person first enters the room they get bounced in and out a couple times before their name is stable in the room.

These are actual bumps? Not just people going in and out?

Kakes2

Aug-10

By their reaction, complaining about Delphi, I would say most are bumps.  When questioned some do reveal they clicked the X at the top of the page, so we discount those. However, the others reveal it was nothing they did and some do not realize they "flipped" in  the room.

edtNZ

Aug-15

Hi gunter,

An update on how I am getting on. Was booted 3 times in an hour in Rockin at the Dragons Lair late yesterday afternoon NZ time. Not streaming at the time.

I have been booted twice this morning in Seniors Hideaway. Also chat appears to freeze and when I post while my posts appear in the room to other chatters I cant see them. A refresh usually sorts this issue?

Apart from the last 24 hrs the boot rate has been reduced lately. Using Firefox and zeta here.

Regards edtNZ

In reply toRe: msg 44
gunter

Aug-15

Did others experience similar at the same time?

edtNZ

Aug-15

I was the only one being booted in Seniors Hideaway and I was alone and waiting for my chat friend zenCAN

to arrive in Rockin at the Dragons Lair.

Other chatters have an unstable chat experience in Seniors, as Kakes says its hard to get them to voice their

issues. Regards edtNZ

edtNZ said:

Other chatters have an unstable chat experience in Seniors, as Kakes says its hard to get them to voice their issues.

The last one I saw was on Saturday night and it appeared to be a problem with them initially entering the room. The name had been booted in and out and once it was in the room again it actually flicker before disappearing. They likely gave up after that.