Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tags don't show up on sites   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Oct-11 by jnanalace; 992 views.
gunter

Oct-22

Looks ok to me. Have you logged out, closed the browser before coming back, since this started?

Try renaming the file to something like catandbroom.gif.

Sandy106

Oct-22

I got out completely and the same thing happened...The picture comes up and before I can hit save the box comes up and says ,This filename already exist...This happens with all of them...And, I checked and I find no place to rename them...

Sandy106

Oct-22

Do you know if others on AOL that use the same way I do with the sigs and if they are having a problem...I could try and talk to them, but, I am sure they will get lost...They know nothing of Delphi...

gunter

Oct-22

Once you upload your images to Files here it has nothing to do with AOL.

Look in your Files for the file, then click on the pencil icon next to the file to rename it. Be sure to end it in .gif.  Does that work for you?

Sandy106

Oct-22

Thanks, Gunter...I will try what you suggest...We'll get this squared away...;)  I'll be back...

Sandy106

Oct-22

Okay, I renamed the file and put a .GIF and got this page...Also, should the little circle have a dot in it where it says Personal Signature?

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   ProsperoTechnologies.DocDownloader.DeliverAttachment(IPTPage P, String name, Boolean useDispo, String contentType, Byte[] bytes) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\ASP\Forum\n\docs\docDownloader.cs:420
   ProsperoTechnologies.DocDownloader.DownloadAttachment(IPTPage P) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\ASP\Forum\n\docs\docDownloader.cs:164
   ProsperoTechnologies.DocDownloadAshx.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) in c:\TheBuild\DelphiTC\ASP\Forum\n\docs\docDownload.ashx.cs:16
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +598
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +170

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.5485; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.5491

Kidmagnet

Oct-22

Sandy hang tight for a bit and let me sort through your messages here and at The Garden - I think I have an idea what is happening and a way to lessen the steps for you when creating your Personal Signature.

gunter

Oct-22

catandbroomH17.gif is a corrupted file now.  Too strange, I can't tell what happened.

waiting to see if the Kid comes up with something ...

Kidmagnet

Oct-22

From what I can see your signature block is completely empty so lets try a new signature using the editor's tools and see if you get the same problem.

Step 1:
If the image you wish to use is in your Files on Delphi, go ahead and click on the name so you can see the image. Look in the address bar for the image's address  and copy that instead of the image itself. Just highlight the entire thing  and copy as you normally would.

Step 2:
Open your Personal Signature Editor from the Preferences page and click in the Insert Image or Photo button and then choose From the Web

Step 3:
A new box will pop up and you can paste in that web address you copied earlier.

Click OK and then Save

If the image is on your computer you'd just choose From My Computer back in Step 2 and follow the prompts to upload it that way.