Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Multiple connection losts   Chat

Started Oct-12 by Glyn (LnlyFella73); 299 views.
Glyn (LnlyFella73)

Oct-12

Hello,

I keep losing connection while I use any delphi chatroom. I get into a room fine, but after a certain amount of time I lose connection and get the chat disconnected with number of seconds message. When that happens I log out of delphi and come back and enter a room again. Sometimes I've had to also restart my computer after multiple disconnects. I've been using Firefox and Zeta and I have Windows 10 operating system. Wanted to find out what I can do to resolve this problem.

~GLYN~

gunter

Oct-12

We've had a number of similar reports of this happening without any resolution.

some other points to cover:

are you sitting idle without typing anything ?

do you have other tabs open to other sites, tasksĀ  running in the background ?

ad stopper ?

thanks for the details ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Glyn (LnlyFella73)

Oct-12

You're welcome Gunter,

I don't have any of those issues. I haven't had that issue yet today. When I'm chatting, it suddenly goes to chat disconnect and shows the seconds to retry. The other thing is and I'm not sure if this is a factor but when I got windows 10 installed by someone else it hasn't been activated yet. Not sure if that's the problem or not? I first started using Zeta chat on Chrome and had these issues as well. Someone told me that using Firefox would be better and I've been using that now over a week.

gunter

Oct-12

Don't know about activation figuring in, you would notice problems elsewhere as well.

In any case, let us know if you notice a pattern of any kind, that's really the only way to nail problems like this.

In reply toRe: msg 4
Glyn (LnlyFella73)

Oct-12

Sounds good Gunter and thanks so much for your help! Its been good so far today for me. Take care and have a nice evening!