Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Making a forum private   Forum Management

Started Oct-16 by Dale (Rainbow1956); 412 views.
Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-16

Hello.  I have been a Delphi Member for years...have been slack.  Have been a Delphi Plus member and will go back to that within a day or two.  I have a new use for a private forum for members of a game I play.  I have created the forum, but what I can't find is how to make the forum private.  I need to do that before I upgrade to Delphi Plus.  Any assistance would be awesome!

Kidmagnet

Oct-16

You'll need to upgrade first (It's a benefit of Plus accounts) and it will take to the following day for your forum to upgrade to Premium, at that point the option is on the page in Controls (on classic) marked as Main Settings. On Zeta its under Forum Access under Settings.

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-16

Thanks!  Working with membership now to make sure my group will utilize the forum at the Plus Level. :)

Kidmagnet

Oct-16

If you do go private with an existing forum everyone who has visited in the past will still have access. Annoying if you have had a lot of visitors. However as a Premium Forum you could assign some or all your folders to be private and then grant access to your active members. That might be a better way to go.

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-16

Hoping to make it private pretty quickly.  It is for a gaming group and am having them check things out.  But I will keep you advice and instructions under hat. :)  One thing I have told this is the very quick response from support that I have gotten from Delphi for over the decade I have been a member. :)  I do appreciate that as it is rare!

Kidmagnet

Oct-16

If you do make the forum private you can Delete any members you do not wish to have access after doing so. You do that in Set Privileges.

Dale (Rainbow1956)

Oct-16

Thanks!  I am fixing to upgrade in a few minutes.  I appreciate your responses.  Totally awesome!