Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Forum not visited on Recently Visited   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Nov-9 by JerseyGirl (LindaB328); 792 views.

I consider this a technical issue, but it may fall into another category.  How are forums showing up in my Recently Visited Forums list when I've never been there?  I'd like to know if there's a way to block that from happening, and also, how does that happen?  Thanks!

Linda

gunter

Nov-9

Forums not visited showing on your Visited Forums list is an old problem. It's caused by miscoded sigs or using image urls stored in other forums. When you load a message with with an image like that, the other forum shows as visited.

You may be able to figure out which message is causing this by checking your visited list to see when that forum pops up. 

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks, Gunter.  I just don't appreciate looking like a visitor to a forum which I'd never go to showing up as having had me as a visitor.  I appreciate your quick response.

Linda

gunter

Nov-10

It can be annoying. Sorry a fix is till pending. 

In reply toRe: msg 4

Thanks again, Gunter.  I know there are a number of people who are very miffed over this, so hopefully, a fix will be coming soon.  Have a good weekend!

Linda

In reply toRe: msg 4
DJ (colbymorty)

Nov-10

• Edited November 10, 2017 8:19 pm  by  gunter
gunter

Nov-16

Sorry this is an ongoing problem, see above.

moved here:

8:41 AM

Hi!

Every day when I pop into my forums notification page I see Kerala Houseboat bumped to the top of my recently visited forums list.

I had never been there before this week, but went in to find I am not the only one affected by this annoying problem.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/res/messages/?listMode=1

Can you see what is causing this anomaly?

Cheers,

Jenifer

Coalition of the Confused

http://forums.delphiforums.com/AusUsUk

Oh good~ It's happening to you too. It's something on your forum but I I had not put any real work into finding it (I usually roll with stuff until others report it) I'll take a look when I have some spare time. 

Gunter - this one's different and a real mystery (which I happen to love) Almost no one at Jenifer's forum uses a sig, the other forum is dead, completely unused except for complaints about this lol INTERESTING!

CC to gunter
gunter

Nov-16

In the case of dead forums showing up, look for a miscoded link having that webtag.

Will do - still weird though.