Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Every day it says that there is a problem with my account   Account Maintenance

Started Nov-24 by OLTLfan; 500 views.
OLTLfan

Nov-24

Hi,

I received a free month of DelphiExtra. but they never even sent me an e-mail; telling me how to pay properly.  Yesterday; I went in and put my full credit card number in.  It still says that there is a problem with my account.  Why?  I didn't even receive a conformation e-mail saying that it had been paid.  I hope that I can't be charged more than once; that wouldn't be right.  I would appreciate this matter being sorted out and dealt with properly.

OLTLfan  Catherine Climpson

PatsyCli54@gmail.com 

WaltHowe
Staff

Nov-24

When you sign up for a plan that begins with a free month, you enter all your payment information at the beginning, but you are not charged until the free month is completed. It is done this way to give you a chance to try it out and possibly decide to cancel before you are charged. Your free month's trial ended, and we tried to charge you, and it did not go through. I suggest going back to your Account page and double check the information. Is the expiration date correct? Do your name, street address, and zip code agree with your bank's records. When a charge does not go through, the bank does not tell us why. The best we can do at that point is to ask you to check your information and if you see no problems with the info, check with your bank to see why they turned it down.

• Edited November 24, 2017 5:11 pm  by  WaltHowe
OLTLfan

Nov-24

Hi Walt,

I realize that I did get a month free.  I went back and rechecked everything and put my credit card number in again.  The expiration date is correct.  Everything is correct.  I have a postal code; not a zip code.  It should go through; it is my current and only credit card number.  I use it to pay my phone bill every month.  I hope it works.

Thanks,

Take care,

Catherine  P.S.  It is a Scotiabank Mastercard.

Glen (GEAATL)

Nov-25

I'm not Delphi staff but non US credit cards, depending on the processor a merchant uses, can be a problem for companies like Delphi which use an automated verification that uses a zip code match.  Some banks do read some foreign postal codes but not all 180+.  I know in my office, where we do manual input and use a large bank, it does fine with Canada, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Germany (I have gotten a lot of troops on leave) choked recently on cards for service members living off base in Qatar and Korea.  Mine lets me do a manual override without a call to the bank but fully automated online vendors may lack that.  Your bank may have a generic code or one-time use number that can be used.  Otherwise you'll need Delphi's staff for suggestions.

OLTLfan

Nov-25

Thank you very much; I guess I should call the bank?  I don't know what else to do.

Glen (GEAATL)

Nov-25

I'd do that.  I know that when I'm a merchant on a charge, I don't get details on a decline, although mine does give me that chance on zip codes I don't think Delphi gets.  Your bank likely can fill in the blanks.

OLTLfan

Nov-25

I will call them then; thanks.