Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Every day it says that there is a problem with my account   Account Maintenance

Started 11/24/17 by OLTLfan; 3310 views.
WaltHowe
Staff

11/24/17

When you sign up for a plan that begins with a free month, you enter all your payment information at the beginning, but you are not charged until the free month is completed. It is done this way to give you a chance to try it out and possibly decide to cancel before you are charged. Your free month's trial ended, and we tried to charge you, and it did not go through. I suggest going back to your Account page and double check the information. Is the expiration date correct? Do your name, street address, and zip code agree with your bank's records. When a charge does not go through, the bank does not tell us why. The best we can do at that point is to ask you to check your information and if you see no problems with the info, check with your bank to see why they turned it down.

• Edited November 24, 2017 5:11 pm  by  WaltHowe
OLTLfan

11/24/17

Hi Walt,

I realize that I did get a month free.  I went back and rechecked everything and put my credit card number in again.  The expiration date is correct.  Everything is correct.  I have a postal code; not a zip code.  It should go through; it is my current and only credit card number.  I use it to pay my phone bill every month.  I hope it works.

Thanks,

Take care,

Catherine  P.S.  It is a Scotiabank Mastercard.

Glen (GEAATL)

11/25/17

I'm not Delphi staff but non US credit cards, depending on the processor a merchant uses, can be a problem for companies like Delphi which use an automated verification that uses a zip code match.  Some banks do read some foreign postal codes but not all 180+.  I know in my office, where we do manual input and use a large bank, it does fine with Canada, the UK, Australia, Japan, and Germany (I have gotten a lot of troops on leave) choked recently on cards for service members living off base in Qatar and Korea.  Mine lets me do a manual override without a call to the bank but fully automated online vendors may lack that.  Your bank may have a generic code or one-time use number that can be used.  Otherwise you'll need Delphi's staff for suggestions.

OLTLfan

11/25/17

Thank you very much; I guess I should call the bank?  I don't know what else to do.

Glen (GEAATL)

11/25/17

I'd do that.  I know that when I'm a merchant on a charge, I don't get details on a decline, although mine does give me that chance on zip codes I don't think Delphi gets.  Your bank likely can fill in the blanks.

OLTLfan

11/25/17

I will call them then; thanks.

Oldcartech

12/21/17

I have a similar problem only a week into my free month i payed with paypal and have confirmed with paypal the the subscription payment is set up . So why do i get pestered with messages that my account needs attention.  I was happy with free account. Annoying messages will make a runner out of me . Please stop these messages or if you have something to say ,say it cause i have no idea what you want since ive set up for paypal You will not also get my cc #

gunter

12/21/17

What kind of messages re your account are you getting, what is it telling you?

You are on a month's free DelphiExtra, without having actually paid, check at paypal.  Renewal should be turned on until you are actually charged a month from when you signed up.

Oldcartech

12/21/17

Message simply says your account requires attention.  When i login in same message every time there is a spot for cc # and personal info

There is a box cant remember what it says i thought it was automatic renewal on cc 

PayPal is set up for reoccurring payment 

So check the box what do i do here

gunter

12/21/17

We're looking into what is happening.

The next time you log in, do it from our frontpage
http://www.delphiforums.com
Do you get that same message then, can you do a screenshot?