Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

File Space for URL files   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Dec-26 by heavn; 568 views.
heavn

Dec-26

Hello,

TWO Questions here...

1. Do Basic members get any web space for keeping their files, where it gives you a URL to use?

2. When I go to "Manage Files"  and "Browse" and "Upload" files, how much file space do I get with a DelphiPlus Membership for those URL files?  There seems to be nowhere that tells me how much space I have left. 

I DO have a pie-graph that tells me how much attachment space I have left in the OTHER section -  the "regular" attachment space. But I am not talking about that.

Thank you

:)

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Dec-27

DelphiBasic members do not get any filespace other than 512k for attachments.

DelphiPlus have 100Megs for Files.  There is no easy way to keep track of that, you need to add it up yourself.

In reply toRe: msg 2
heavn

Dec-27

Hi Gunter,

On the "Manage Files" page it tells me how many bytes each file is. 

What is a Meg? What is a byte compared to a Meg?  Are there  a million bytes in a Meg?

(If so,  then if we have 100 Megs, it is like having "unlimited" space.)  

In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

Dec-27

right ... but 100 Megs can still fill up fast when you don't watch the size of your images!

In reply toRe: msg 4
heavn

Dec-27

Thank you for your  replying   always  so  promptly!! 

:D

hugs

In reply toRe: msg 3

As an addendum to what Gunter's said; Another way to "manage" your file storage space is to look at how many times that image has been looked at...or "downloaded". Older saved images that were in a conversation rarely get looked at after that conversation wanes off. Let's say you added an image to a comment back in 2013 that was 516k and got downloaded 20 times. Since then...no more downloads. Good chance you can delete that file and it won't be missed. Were someone to reply to that comment years later asking, "Hey, what happened to that image?"...you could just upload that image back to your image storage and ask them to refresh the page. Then delete it again a day later.

Images in your file storage are also hosted by DelphiForums. In other words...were you to use that image URL on another site you comment on...DelphForums would act as a third-party imaging host...something other image hosters now charge for. (Thank you DelphiForums).

[edited for speling]

heavn

Dec-27

Thank you so much for your reply and idea.

:D