Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

I am SOOO Pissed Off   Feedback & Wishlist

Started 1/25/18 by Zerich; 2680 views.

Please know I am not disbelieving you and would never call or make you out to be a liar. My experience just is not reflecting the same thing. I'm still arriving directly to messages when I use an emailed notification (mind you they are not LONG discussions but there are at least a few posts being skipped) and not when I use one of the Message To Me links on Delphi, and that is the way it has always worked for me.

Tip - when you are looking for a message to you on the forum use Advanced Search and set up the parameters to reflect the best time frame.

**Sometimes when there is a surprise change on the forums we start seeing other changes. I have gotten caught up this way before as well.

JZBelle

1/28/18

Thanks Kid, and I know you wouldn't.  It actually is better today, there have been a few that have "passed Go" and gone direct (smile).  Others, as they've been doing - landing anyplace in the thread (LOL).  I figure it out eventually.  I do use the advanced search a lot.  I've found though when making a post one day, it will not show up until the next day.  It's always been that way for me.

JZBelle said:

I do use the advanced search a lot. I've found though when making a post one day, it will not show up until the next day. It's always been that way for me.

I think that's the same for all.

JZBelle

1/28/18

One thing with Delphi - it's a matter of finding out what "will" work.

Well I have pretty much made that my life's work... lol lol lol

alankell

Mar-19

I think I noticed when JZBelle described that problem, no one else showed up to concur on that problem. I've also had email notifications of replies to my posts in Delphi, and had those links lead me to the thread but not to the post made specifically to me. I think I've always been able to find locate the specific post if it hasn't been deleted...I'm usually pretty familiar with the thread and its direction. It's not much of a problem for me, as Delphi problems go.

Search and Advanced Search are something different altogether. I've never used them successfully...I'm not even sure what they are supposed to be used for. I've never found a forum member or a specific thread or any useful information about anything via Search. It doesn't piss me off particularly...it's just a tool I don't know how to use, like a power saw or an auto diagnostics machine. I'm curious about Search from time to time, but not curious enough to actually learn anything about it. I'm in this forum today on other business, read through this thread, and decided to make a comment, that's all. Computer-savvy people sometimes like to say that a thing is 'intuitive,' when in fact, it is not. 19 years in Delphi...if a thing is truly intuitive, I'll use it. If it isn't, I try not to miss it too much.