Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What is going on? - New Inbox/PMs   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started 1/25/18 by JZBelle; 4969 views.
Kakes2 said:

That is the problem. Some may not wish every conversation deleted in it's entirety.

Yes I fully agree - I keep providing that in my feedback and will continue to until we get it or they tell me - can't be done!

Kakes2 said:

Total disaster, this new change. When a change is made it's made without any regard to the needs of everyone, just the few.

Well more than a few - long request wish for there the be a way to delete more than one PM at a time especially since they combined it with the chat PMing/whispering.

Kakes2 said:

It would be nice to know ahead of time that they are working on a possible change and ask for feedback before they make anything permanent. Just my two cents ...... however, I feel I may be too late in voicing my opinion. Thanks

This was mentioned here - this is actually the second step but I agree and think your two cents is worth much more. :)

Vote out the Repukes in 2018 (1markl78) said:

and it scrolls all over the place.

Oh that might be new - what do you mean it scrolls all over? Could be bugs that have not yet been found - can you provide more info? (browser, how you are accessing the inbox etc)

Kakes2

1/26/18

Thank you Kid for your response.  It's nice to know we have a champion on our side LOL ....  I can appreciate the wish list wanting a way to delete more than one PM at a time which (to me) is different than entire conversations at a time. Oh well, guess it's a matter of semantics or how a request is presented and/or interrupted.

I try to keep up on the threads, guess I totally missed part one of this conversation.

Thank you :)

Jeri (azpaints)

1/26/18

Odd woman out here, I love the new PM setup and am thrilled to be the proud owner of a now empty PM page! Thank you.

For those who want to keep the odd message, you could c/c/p into your. email. But I love this!

Kakes2 said:

Oh well, guess it's a matter of semantics or how a request is presented and/or interrupted.

I think it's more the way the PMs are stored on the browser.

Kakes2 said:

I try to keep up on the threads, guess I totally missed part one of this conversation.

It was in the middle of a request/frustrated feedback thread. The initial release was only in a few test forums but this step was  (to my knowledge) released to us for testing first.  However they are still working on it so lets see how it ends up. I think it'll end up solving a lot of problems AND still keep those that need to save some messages (like me!!) happy.

Keep providing feedback though!

Kakes2

1/26/18

Thank you Kid, I will be more attentive. Hopefully the final version will solve some problems and keep us happy, crosses fingers , toes and eyes  LOL  ;)

Risa (Risa25)

1/26/18

Gunter, thanks, have always deleted individual ones and kept only the ones I wanted to keep but a lot of them are GONE altogether and I didn't delete them! And ones I HAD deleted were resurrected! LOL, this is more than a tad confusing....any way to restore them or did they dump after a certain time limit?

My Lurkmagnet has a couple of old Notifications (CC's @mentions) in the inbox and although I deleted them they remain.

I just tested with two new Notifications (one CC and one @mention) to my Kidmagnet account.  They won't actually delete either. 

Oh and and the notifications section is not reflecting my time zone but the conversations are. 

Jeri (azpaints) said:

For those who want to keep the odd message, you could c/c/p into your. email.

I really need to keep them under the PM section - people I mentor have sent me details of on going problems or they've listed their system specs there.

Being I am apparently not getting a pony, I really want this lol lol lol

gunter

1/27/18

notifications not deleted noted ....