Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Person is coming back again and again.   Forum Management

Started Feb-7 by gunter; 616 views.
gunter

Feb-7

moved here:

Writinlifer(writinlifer)   Feb-6 7:18 pm

I do not know how but that person is coming back again and again...the person you kicked out...keeps coming back as a guest...grrrr...you need to find a way to get rid of him right now..please please and you know who he is he has  been blocked from here for a very long time. so please stop that guest option!! just get that done and quick!!

• Edited February 7, 2018 3:13 pm  by  gunter
gunter

Feb-7

The only way to stop people from coming back and post in a forum is to put the forum on full moderation. Else they can open new accounts with new email addresses and enter again.  When you delete problem messages in moderation without mentioning anything in the forum itself, they'll stop posting.

Start in Controls, Forum Management, Forum Moderation,  and mark 'All messages will be moderated'. Submit.

Then in Forum Management, Set Privileges, on the bottom press 'Grant Voice to All'.  All your recent posters will have their messages go through as before.

Now ever so often - once a day or more if you have lots of new members coming in - open the Forum Moderation page to see if there are new messages waiting to be approved, or simply deleted without ever showing up in the forum itself.  Use Grant Voice on new messages if you want the poster to have future messages go right through. 

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-7

Can you remove the member details from her post as it's against this forum's rules to post them.  Also the member she is complaining about is hardly the actual problem.

OH I think I misunderstood the cut/paste - she was posting TO that member? Still looks confusing and he's a nice innocent guy. lol

gunter

Feb-7

That could confuse, I fixed it !