Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Newest PMs have vanished   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Feb-9 by Joy to You! (JOY337); 4965 views.

gunter - some but by no means all. a lot of them were very old and I don't care. its just been a useful way of dating things.

no biggie but its annoying.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Feb-15

I used both the old and newer PM systems since the release of Zeta. If I deleted some messages from a poster from my Profile inbox, I noticed there were unexpected holes in our conversation when viewed from a Zeta header. More than the deleted messages.

So I am wondering if it is like the forum discussions we move of delete that create black hole in which undeleted conversations fall into.

kizmet1

Mar-11

Lurked and found this thread.
The bottom line for me is "why the new format"? The original was easy and well liked and being sorely missed while the new is difficult and hard to follow.
I liked being able to scroll through the messages, find a title I was looking for and continue it no matter how far back.it was.
Some PM's were from members who have passed away and I miss them but could pull up their advice for something when needed.
Gaelspirit

Mar-12

I too, have lost pms in my inbox in the past few days. I just clicked on one this morning (from the inbox) and it showed, but the person's profile came up for some reason, blocking the message, so I went back to my forums, then back to the inbox and the latest pm to me was nowhere to be found. I scrolled down the entire history list and nada. This had never happened to me before, even with the newer style of messaging.
Cstar1
Staff

Mar-12

The old messages should all be there, just contained in the "Conversation" with that person. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Mar-12

If you remember who it was from asked them what they sent and how they accessed the PM form. (clicked on the conversation from their inbox, clicked on your profile from a message, from a visitor list, from Controls of from their profile's Friends list...) You can also slick on Send PM in their profile and see if the message pops up that way.

I had a one weird message thingy vanish right before my eyes as well, we (the sender and I) did figure out what happened and subsequent ones sent the same way are fine.

Gaelspirit

Mar-12

I had sent her a pm first thru profile, and normally both messages would show when one replies, but just the one from her did. Will just send her another message to see what her reply was.
edited to add, when I clicked on her name and profile to send new message the old ones reappeared. Weird for sure! Thanx for your help.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Mar-12

Hopefully the "conversation" with that member now appears in your List of Conversations.

Gaelspirit

Mar-12

It does, but no longer at the top as most recent. It is way down the list of people. Weird. Not even in alphabetical order...seems so random.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Mar-12

Are any of your conversations showing unread messages? Try "reading" them all just by clicking on that conversation.