Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cannot browse the boards until I sign in   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started 5/29/18 by Dave (Newman111107); 2001 views.
Dave (Newman111107)

5/29/18

There was a time, in the very recent past, that I could go onto the boards of which I am a member, and browse the topics without having to sign in.  Now, the sign-in page comes up before I can even browse the board. 

To eliminate the possibility of old caches mucking up the works, I installed CCleaner to clean my caches.  It took me a week to muster up the courage because Dell has not been kind to me lately with all kinds of error codes.  Anyway, I cleaned the caches.  Everything with that went fine.  BUT still, have a problem pulling up a forum board without having that sign-in pop up in my face.  How do I eliminate the sign-in board when I want to simply read messages?

Thanks,

Kid (Kidmagnet)

5/29/18

It could be your browser/addon or software is cleaning up after you close the browser and deleting temp files. Or the link you are using is one that causes you to need a log in.  How are you arriving to read at Delphi?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

5/29/18

REALLY like your signature image Dave!

Dave (Newman111107)

5/29/18

I go to my bookmarks.  I click on "He is Risen" or "Teen Matters".  The first thing that comes up is the sign-in page.  This has actually been going on for about 2 weeks now.  Before I would click on the bookmark and the board would show up.  I could read messages, check visitors on the board, etc.  I don't have a problem signing in to see what I used to see without signing in, but it's the change that gives me cause to pause.

Dave (Newman111107)

5/29/18

I got a million of 'em.  Well maybe not that much, but I've got a "contact" who makes them at my request.  For FREE!  LOL.

WaltHowe
Staff

5/29/18

Some Premium forums do not permit guest access. This means you have to be signed in to access them. It is an individual forum setting.

Dave (Newman111107)

5/29/18

I can certainly ask the hosting moderators of both of the boards to see if they have made them premium boards.  Just to give you a little FYI ... Several weeks ago, long before this thing happened, I went to Seniors Hideaway.  That one required I sign in first before reading or anything.  I'm assuming that Seniors Hideaway was/is a Premium Board.

Thanks Walt.

WaltHowe
Staff

5/29/18

This does not apply to all Premium forums. It is a setting that some Premium forums elect to use.

Dave (Newman111107)

5/29/18

*Snap!*  Got ya.  Thanks again.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

5/29/18

Actually none of those three forums have theirs set to no Guest Access. It's probably your bookmark.

The links for each forum should look like this (with nothing after the webtags except  /start)

He is Risen: http://forums.delphiforums.com/HeIsRisen

Teen Matters: http://forums.delphiforums.com/teenology

Seniors Hideaway: http://forums.delphiforums.com/tc-SeniorsHide

If you cannot access them without logging in it might be your browser or some additional software that is preventing it.

***editing to correct numerous typos!