Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't Paste -- "Because of your browser security setttings..." error   Editor Help

Started Jun-21 by Chris (z9y8x7); 755 views.
Chris (z9y8x7)

Jun-21

Trying to paste from clipboard to a message as a basic member.  Click on paste icon and get popup window -- "Because of your browser security settings, you cannot paste directly...", to that effect.  Tells me to paste instead into the popup window and click ok.  I do this.  Pasted item shows up fine in the popup window, but when I click OK, it does not paste into the message.  Popup window disappears.

Try this several times with several different things from different sources pasted into clipboard.  Same results every time.

Error message does not give a clue as to what settings I can change to fix this.

Running the latest version of Firefox.

Please advise.

Thanks!

gunter

Jun-21

What are you adding? 

Not familiar with the error but ..

You may be able to copy an image or text, right-click where you want it and pick Paste. Or copy, click in the message and press ctrl-v to paste.

Or drag and drop an image from your computer into a message.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jun-22

z9y8x7 said:

Running the latest version of Firefox.

Are you also using the RTE from Go Firefox?

>> Are you also using the RTE from Go Firefox? <<

Probably not. The ability to paste into a separate window is part of Delphi's editor, but is not in the RTE.

White

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-7

True - plus I have no idea anymore what my train of thought was!

Chris (z9y8x7)

Aug-24

Hi all, so now I'm a premium member, but pasting from Excel to Delphi (even via Word, even as an image) continues to be challenging.  If the Excel file is large (say greater than 30 rows), Delphi downsizes the image so it's smaller than I'd like, too small to read.  Meanwhile, it does not take up nearly as much horizontal space as is available.  I will post an example in my next post.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Chris (z9y8x7)

Aug-24

Here's an example.  94 rows and unreadable because Delphi has resized it so much.  Yes, I could break it into multiple smaller images, but that is a hassle.

WaltHowe
Staff

Aug-25

To prevent the resizing, you would probably have to force text wrapping in those long right-hand cells.

The problem is that Delphi automatically resizes large images when they are uploaded from your computer so that they are no more than 400 pixels wide. So even though there is more horizontal room available on most screens, the image will still be narrow.

Since you are now a Premium member, you could upload the image to your Delphi web space, then use the editor option "Insert image from the web" to put the image in your post. That image should be much wider.

Another option is to save your Excel data as a PDF document, then upload the PDF file to your post.

White

Chris (z9y8x7)

Aug-25

Thanks.  Scrolling through the Delphi FAQ finally got me to how to upload that to my web space.  I was getting into web space until Yahoo! decided to discontinue GeoCities, well, what, 15 years ago? That crushed me.  They did not provide an easy way to download the pages and I finally lost everything.  Websites were not easy to create then.  I lost interest after those several hundred hours went down the drain!  Anyway, thanks for the tip, I got it posted.