Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Cannot post while in post waiting period...   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jun-24 by Wimsomnia; 750 views.
Wimsomnia

Jun-24

I tried to post something in the Commport forum(asking why there's no activity anymore with so many members)

Then I got this message : "Cannot post while in post waiting period"

What does this message mean? What is a post waiting period? Is that

something about that particular forum?

(English is not my native language so maybe I am missing something obvious here)

WaltHowe
Staff

Jun-24

Yes, it is a setting for that forum. If a forum has had trouble with trolls creating multiple new accounts, making them wait until they have been online a while is intended to discourage them. Of course, it affects all new accounts, whether trolling or not.

inmemory

Jun-24

I sent you a PM Walt--thanks for checking on it for me.
Wimsomnia

Jun-24

Ok, I understand now. I just wanted to ask there why there is almost

no activity on a forum with more than 90,000 members. Or is it also

normal I can't see some of the posts on that forum?

WaltHowe
Staff

Jun-25

The CommPort has been around for a long, long time, and many members have visited it through the years. I don't think the host has worked at keeping it active lately.

Wimsomnia

Jun-25

OK, thanks for the info!!

[PC] (BIG_MONTANA)

Jun-25

Members of the CommPort, of which I am one, are also member of and subscribers to what was Boot/Maximum PC magazine and Delphi hosted our forums. Than MaxPC created their own forum on their magazine website and all members transitioned to that, but when the magazine was purchased and than merged with PC Gamer they killed the forums. I have come back here looking for a tech place to post but it looks like CommPort is not the only dead tech forum on Delphi. I wish the host would just turn over management to someone would grow the forum again .

Wimsomnia

Jun-25

Totally agree!!

Greetings from Belgium!! (You know: that very little country in Europe)

[PC] (BIG_MONTANA)

Jun-25

We could always try to revive it on our own. I have posted from time to time and maybe we can convince Chams )the owner) to either revive it or turn over the ownership.

Re: Forum member count. Whenever a Delphi member visits a forum it adds that member to its member list. That member can become a daily/weekly/monthly active member...or never come back. Having a forum with 90,000 members only means its been around for a long, long time. To see how active that forum is...click on its Visitor list.