Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Paragraphing in a PM...   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jun-27 by The Zookeeper (B0UNTYMAN); 1080 views.

A few months back I created a thread about the inability to paragraph in a PM. Doesn't seem that's been addressed yet so I'd like to make it official that I'd like that looked into. Chances are...whomever designed this PM thing thought, "H'm...who would want to paragraph?" My answer? I dunno...anyone who's passed English class with a C, or higher?

Thanks for looking into this...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/service/messages/?msg=53633.1

gunter

Jun-27

We've requested the change, I'll renew.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thank you. I've had several members apologizing about multiple PMs to me because they're so used to using the Enter key to paragraph.

Just trying to stay on top of this.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Been about a month now...still no change. Got Dan's phone number? ;-)
gunter

Jul-20

We talked about this just a couple of days ago, don't know if it's going to change. I think part of the problem is that in Chat you want the quick enter for PMs. PMs are not meant to be complex messages.

Also after someone sends a number of partial PMs it quickly becomes obvious it's not the thing to do.

In reply toRe: msg 5
Thanks...one more thing moved to the "used-to-work-just-fine" column.
In reply toRe: msg 5
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-21

gunter said:

I think part of the problem is that in Chat you want the quick enter for PMs. PMs are not meant to be complex messages.

Shift Enter - could that be added to create a paragraph? It's already "a thing" elsewhere so most could get used to it quickly.

gunter said:

Also after someone sends a number of partial PMs it quickly becomes obvious it's not the thing to do.

Or they should continue to do it but get over the fact they are sending a bunch of separate paragraph messages instead of one humongous block of text <g>

gunter

Jul-21

...  looking for a switch to full editor from default chat version.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-21

Really? If they release it for testing let me know cause I'll test the heck out of it.

Will that affect the PM feature?