Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Upload Allocation Limit Reached for 149 KB file   Attachments

Started Aug-19 by SpeedReader (MrSpeedReade); 873 views.

I am trying to attach a two-page Excel document to a posting.  It's 149 KB.  I get the message that my upload allocation limit has been exceeded.  How large a file can I upload?

gunter

Aug-19

I've reset your space and you should be able to add that file now.

Note that non-paying members get very little attachment space, only 512 k. The system also gets confused when uploading more than to the limit. It's optimized to use Insert Images into messages instead of attaching files like yours.

You can recover space by removing old attachments - find  old attachments via the tab on MyForums

http:/delphiforums.com/myforums

Clicking on any link there takes you to the original message which can be edited to get the options to remove attachments.

let us know how it goes ...

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks.  But did I exceed space limits with this, or was it just a glitch in the system?

gunter

Aug-19

149k wouldn't exceed the limit unless you already had some other attachments or tried before with a larger file. Check your attachment list to see if there are messages with attachments.

In reply toRe: msg 4

Yes, I had sent some attachments earlier.   The limit is per day?  All time?  Something else?

gunter

Aug-20

The limit for is for the total you have attached to all messages at any one time. Removing old Attachments makes room for more, it's very limited.

Note that inserting images into messages has no such limit, it's only for attaching files as you describe.

In reply toRe: msg 6

I am again having upload limits even though my attachment doesn't exceed the space limits.

What I noticed occurring was that if I inadvertently exceed the space limitation without an attachment, the system not only refuses to attach it, it thereafter denies me permission to send attachments, even when I split them in two and both are below the limit.

Can this situation be fixed?  I'd still like to post the attachments.

gunter

Aug-30

You do describe what happens when you exceed the limit. It's a known bug in the system.

I'll try resetting again.

• Edited August 31, 2018 8:22 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 8

Okay.  I'll just have to double check my file size before I sent.  Thanks.

Pepper (Pepper300)

Sep-2

I got a message that my attachment allotment limit was reached - can you reset my space also?  Please, :(