Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Booted from forum w/o explanation    General Information

Started Aug-21 by BeingHuman2; 550 views.
BeingHuman2

Aug-21

Without explanation or notice, I was removed from one of the forums. The Host never responded to my pm’s when I had questions re the reasons my posts were regularly moderated and or not posted. Never was a warning given for tos violations. Just ***poof***

and the members continue to reply to my posts that did manage to make the forum. Now my email is being spammed with these members replies . 

is this standard practice that Hosts can randomly and without cause remove a member from a group ?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-21

Yes actually, hosts can make and enforce their own forum rules.

BeingHuman2

Aug-21

With no explanation ? No violations. Just . Gone  ? Pardon my honesty but that is just rude. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-22

Yup - there's loads of forums on Delphi though. Find one that appreciates you

Forum Index

BeingHuman2

Aug-22

Thank you, kid. Is there anyway to block all these email notices I keep getting because that forum’s members keep replying to me. 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Aug-22

Disable Member to Member email on your Preferences page for a bit and use your My Forums page to find messages to you. 

Risa (Risa25)

Aug-25

Being Human, it sounds like you were removed from a forum and not a chat room, but yes, hosts do have the right to randomly and without cause remove anyone they wish, simply because they don't like them. The forums and chats are run by petty tyrants on power trips. I have seen racism, homophobia, bigotry, xenophobia and name-calling not only tolerated but encouraged. I have seen private business for profit promoted, and chatters stalked, harassed and threatened, with nothing done. People who call themselves Christians exhibit behavior that would make Jesus weep. The forums are run like American high schools where either you are "in" with the popular groups or you are not only shunned, you are actually locked out. People say "it's only chat" or "it's just words on a page" as if the people typing the words aren't real people with real feelings. Unfortunately, you can be removed with no warning and no explanation from any chat or any discussion group, even if you obey all their posted rules and the Terms of Service rules as well. I wish you the best of luck finding somewhere you are welcome.
BeingHuman2

Aug-25

Thank you, Risa. You are very kind. 

WaltHowe
Staff

Aug-25

Risa, there certainly is some of what you describe on Delphi Forums, but please do not suggest that all are like that. Most forum hosts are not tyrants who close their doors to or ridicule anyone who does not agree with their restrictive points of view. If all forums were run that way, Delphi would have disappeared years ago.

And please do not suggest that Delphi should control all those who behave in such ways. If we start telling people what they can and cannot say, the cure can become worse than the disease. 

Risa (Risa25)

Aug-25

Walt, Of course I am not suggesting that all the rooms are like that. I have also been to rooms where the owners, and the chatters, are kind and welcoming. Nor am I suggesting that Delphi control "all" those who behave in such ways; that would be violating the First Amendment. Still, if people provide screen shots or other proof of violations of TOS, there should be SOME policy to deal with such. I have been chatting on Delphi for more than 18 years; but until this past year, I had never observed such a level of intolerance and rudeness in any of the forums. I expect the proliferation of social media has had an unfortunate influence on what people think is acceptable social behavior. As long as we continue to excuse and tolerate such, the "disease" as you call it will spread like any epidemic. Someone once said that the best way to change society is to change one man at a time. All I can do to effect change is to speak out, and I thank you for giving me the option of doing so.