Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

deleting old photos   Attachments

Started Apr-12 by 6packed2go (Ristroph); 813 views.

When I try to attach a photo I get the message that I have no more space. How do I delete old attachments. I also am not able to view photos when clicking on the icon of an ad.

Any suggestions?

gunter

Apr-12

The Attachment tab on MyForums gives a list of old attachments.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums

Click on any item to go to the original message and Edit the message to get a link to remove attachments. The edit screen will show the attachment at the bottom in Zeta to be xed out, or at the top in Classic with a pencil to the right to remove it.

If you are attaching images, using Insert Image on the editor toolbar lets you add them directly into messages and there is no limit that way

http://www.delphiforums.com/howto/insertImage.htm

6packed2go (Ristroph) said:

I also am not able to view photos when clicking on the icon of an ad.

Not sure what you mean by icon of an ad, explain more where you are clicking.

In reply toRe: msg 2

Thanks for your help.

I have been inactive on this forum for quite a few years, and a lot has changed since I first signed on. As you can see with your pointers I was able to include photos of my Valk.

In reply toRe: msg 1
blayne

Apr-21

In order for me to add attachments, do I need to upgrade my subscription? If so to which level? 

I have been trying to attach PDfs to my writings on a form, but keep getting this message:

Yet my space available says I have a lot of available:

What am I not understanding?

Thank you.

In reply toRe: msg 4
gunter

Apr-21

512k is very little space, pdf files are often much larger. What is the size of the file you want to attach? 

DelphiExtra members get 50megs, DelphiPlus 100megs.

In reply toRe: msg 5
blayne

Apr-21

I have been able to attach only 1 file that was 17kb.  That is reflected in the screen shot of the storage space Delphi says I have left.  Subsequently I tried to upload a pdf file that was around 100kb.  At that time I received the message "You have used up your upload allocation userlimit."   

This message didn't seem accurate since I should still have about 495kb left on my allotment.  Even if I uploaded the other file at 100kb, I should still have 395kb left, if I understand the allotment measurements correctly.  I should have capacity for 3 more 100kb files after that under my present upload allocation shouldn't I?

It seems I am not being allowed the full attachment allocation I should be getting.  Is Delphi just trying to get me to purchase a membership?

If I purchase a subscription I will be able to attach pdf files to my writings, yes?

How would I purchase a subscription?

How much is a DelphiExtra subscription?  

How much is a DelphiPlus subscription?

Thank you

In reply toRe: msg 6
gunter

Apr-21

Seems the settings are confused, I've reset your attachment space. You should be sble to upload the sizes mentioned with your DelphiBasic allowance. Give it a try now.

Upgrading info is here :

https://www.delphiforums.com/plans.ptt

In reply toRe: msg 7
blayne

Apr-29

Gunther,

Thank you for resetting my attachment space. I was able to upload 3 files. 

In reply toRe: msg 7
blayne

Apr-29

Hi Gunther,

I looked at the upgrade info.  The link you sent me to does not indicate the amount of mg for attachments.  I did find a page that describes all features from Basic, Delphi Extra to DelphiPlus.

It says I get up to 10mg space to attach files for Delphi Extra and up to 100mg for DelphiPlus.  

You said Delphi Extra members get 50megs, DelphiPlus 100megs attachment space. 

Which is the latest amount?  

Thank you

gunter

Apr-29

The Insert Image How To page 

http://www.delphiforums.com/howto/insertImage.htm

mentions member's total file store allotment (100mb for DelphiPlus members, 50mb for DelphiExtra members).  

which is the latest total, before it was increased it was 10megs.