Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Inappropriate Posts in a Forum   General Information

Started Apr-19 by Secundus555; 968 views. (Closed)(Closed to new replies)
Secundus555

Apr-19

I have been recently posting on the[removed] forum. 

It is largely unmoderated, as the Forum Owner has not visited since 2016, and the last Moderator quit sometime ago and was never replaced.

As you can imagine, it is the Wild West in this forum. 

There is a poster on the forum [name removed] who is posting explicitly racist, White Supremacist rhetoric on the forum. 

I am assuming that this qualifies as a serious TOS Violation.

With no one else to report it to, I reported it to you guys. That was a few days ago, and I haven't seen any response or action on this. 

Can you check on this situation, please?

I know you don't want your forums used for White Supremacist propaganda.

Thanks,

Secundus

Holy Trinity Discussion and Debate Forum

• Edited April 19, 2019 4:56 pm  by  gunter
WaltHowe
Staff

Apr-19

I removed the name from your message. It should not be posted publicly.

I read the person's posts during the past month, and I see your point. This person has a rigid view of religion and the bible and admits no other interpretation could be correct. From that comes extremely racist points of view, defended by bible quotes. 

We hesitate to take action on religious debates. Strong disagreements occur, and we never see anyone change their mind on the basis of rational discussion. It becomes a platform for specific views, not a real debate.

While some would argue for freedom of speech, we see no reason to preserve an abandoned, unmoderated forum for this purpose. The forum is now closed.

srragland

Apr-20

Hi Walt,

So, is it against Delphi policy to have a forum that has no moderators or owners present?

My second question is that if I have a problem with a particular forum is there a way I can contact Delphi staff about it in a private message so as not to make it public?

Thanks, Susan

Nucc

Apr-20

[Message removed. This is not a forum for a religious debate.]

• Edited April 20, 2019 2:18 pm  by  WaltHowe
Nucc

Apr-20

Please view my post that mistakenly went to Secondus555

Thank you

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-20

You can email tos@delphiforums.com with specifics. That's the best way to report.

MEDDLY

Apr-20

I tried that regarding derelict forums whose owner passed away without leaving anyone in charge. As a matter of fact, I did it directly from one of those Forums too but nothing.

Seems like Delphi loves clutter.

In reply toRe: msg 7
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-20

If there’s not issues with the topics there’s no real reason to remove them. 

In reply toRe: msg 5
WaltHowe
Staff

Apr-20

Please do not engage in a religious argument here. This is not the forum for it. I removed your message.

The abandoned forum in question will remain closed. You could always open your own forum.

WaltHowe
Staff

Apr-20

We answer all member mail we receive at tos@delphiforums.com or service@delphiforums.com. We probably never received the message. Feel free to send again.