Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Getting old contacts   Forum Management

Started Apr-21 by Nucc; 701 views.
Nucc

Apr-21

A forum not  my own that I've been ministering on was abruptly closed and all the contacts I personally had were lost to me as I'm unable to retrieve them.  I am thinking of creating my own forum but I would like to invite some of the people I had good honest objective discussions with to the forum because I believe we were progressing slowly but surely.  

Can somebody help me in finding how I can contact some people for an invite?

In reply toRe: msg 1
Cstar1
Staff

May-6

If you remember their member names,  use the Browse Profiles option to find old contacts. You can invite them to join your new forum.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Nucc

May-6

Thank you CSTAR1  I tried that and an hour and a half later I found only two that I was looking for.  Why do I have to go through every member of Delphi?  

In reply toRe: msg 3

If you know their membernames just replace your own with it in this link 

https://profiles.delphiforums.com/Nucc

In reply toRe: msg 3
Cstar1
Staff

May-6

Are you using the promotion system to help people find you?

In reply toRe: msg 5
Nucc

May-6

CSTAR1 I have never had a forum here before so I'm completely new on trying to set things up.  The only other forums I've been on has been this style http://forums.delphiforums.com/truthseekers23

This new one although nice in appearance is really confusing to me. I can't keep track of conversations in topics and find myself not responding to emails for 3 or 4 days because I have to search through a list to find the tight email to respond to.

I'm supposed to moderate and I don't know how, if  I don't want certain people here I don't know how to block or ban them. I have words on the main page that I meant for the initial page and I don't how to remove them.  I don't understand what Zeta or the classical is.  The other forums I was on I could easily color,  underline, or enlarge  letters  but here  it's an antagonizing process and I don't even know if I made the right choice.  I'm sorry, I'm 74 years old and today's techno words go right over my head.

In reply toRe: msg 6

If you are the forum owner the first page you see when you click Controls has a link to revert to Classic (the older look you are used to)

HOWEVER before you revert to Classic, be aware that some of your users will be view Zeta from their mobile devices. Check out my post HERE on how to enact a few features that will make them more comfortable.

If you wanted to stick with Zeta we can provide support and guidance on how to enable feature that allow you to have the things you are missing.

We can provide support either way, so whichever look is more comfortable for you and your users is best.

In reply toRe: msg 6
Showtalk

May-6

You can learn. Did you post a link to your new forum?  You create promos from the Controls.  The first thing you should do is go to the Controls button and open them.  Then go to the left hand column, go down the page and open each link. Then you will begin to see what is available. Ask questions here and we can direct you where to go and what to do.  It seems complicated but once you start, it’s not the difficult. 

In reply toRe: msg 5

I think she has a Starter forum? Just a wild guess.

Nucc

May-8

Thank you very much Kidmagnet thumbsup You're ACE. Now all I have to is remember.