Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Transfer ownership   Forum Management

Started Apr-24 by Cathy (237cats); 706 views.
Cathy (237cats)

Apr-24

I gave my practice forum to BetteA343 so she could play around with it and she has, but now she has been gone for over 2 months. I don't know if she is sick or to be blunt dead(which I hope not).

I was hoping you could transfer the the forum back to me Cathy(237cats).

http://forums.delphiforums.com/birthdays/start

gunter

Apr-24

Have you tried emailing her, that should be the first move?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cathy (237cats)

Apr-25

Yes I did, about a month ago.
gunter

Apr-25

Done. I see it changed hands before .... is there an advantage to doing that instead of opening a new forum to play around with ?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Cathy (237cats)

Apr-25

Thank you. Now I was under the impression that Bette and I were the only owners, but when I went back and did the blank privileges I found there were many more visitors with privies and most I've never heard of. What I plan to do is get rid of everybody else's privies except the ones I want to have. That way it's totally mine.

The only advantage to doing this is I hate seeing all these unused forums all over Delphi. If I could I would close all the ones no one uses.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-26

I think Gunter meant he saw in the logs where you were the original owner and had transfered to Bette.

Delete any visitors from the forum in Set Privileges if you do not want them to visit. Just making it private will not prevent those that had access before from entering.

Cathy (237cats)

Apr-26

I don't want anyone to visit cuz it is a practice forum so you are saying I can get rid of visitors. I can spend all afternoon deleting all the visitors. The question I have is I made up this forum a while ago and never invited these people so don't know how they got here.

Sorry - this is Kidmagnet lol 

If the forum was not continuously private they may have wandered in. 

If you need help holler / I can delete members quicker in Zeta than I can explain it. 

Cathy (237cats)

Apr-26

It was never private, but I want to get it so now I know who is who. I'm going to delete all members except myself. That way if I want to give someone privies(which I doubt) or let them in- I'll know who. Several of the members I deleted are dead and I don't know how they wandered in. I sure as heck didn't advertise it. That's water under the bridge.
Cathy (237cats)

Apr-26

That's what perplexes me- I know I was the original and gave it to Bette then it just stands to reason that Bette let all these people in-but then that's not fair cuz she's not here. It doesn't make any difference cuz I have the forum and I am deleting all the visitors.

Thank you so much cuz I never knew you could do this. Is there a faster way-like press one button and they all go away-nah that would be to easy. I'll just do a little bit at a time and I'll get there.