Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

What did you guys just do to the web site?   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started May-10 by RebeccahQP; 460 views.
RebeccahQP

May-10

I'm on an Android phone. Just switched to another forum, and was redirected to m.forums.delphiforums for that forum. Couldn't find familiar navigation features, so chose to view the full site. Full site's navigation pane no longer slides over and back, making it hard to read the messages. It's like all the responsive design that was there before is gone.

Went back to a forum I had been on previously, and responsive design is gone there, too. Cox Cable gets me a not found error when I try pretending m onto that url.

Went back to the site that has this new mobile format and navigated around a little, to see my forums page, and it's horrible. Too little information per screen, too much white space.

Please don't ruin a really good forum site with unusable modern design!

This forum is working FINE, btw. The way it was before.

The forum where I encountered the new design is gunners refuge, and the forum where the responsive design hot broken on pages I had already seen was break time 3.  Closing all browser windows and restarting chrome didn't help

The forum you hit where it switched over to the mobile site m.delphiforums.com has most likely chosen that for their mobile viewers and that is most likely because the host or regs use Classic and want to view the classic UI from their phones.

If you get trapped on the mobile site closing the browser and reopening works on some devices, with others you have to clear the delphi cookies. If you do that make sure you know your login (password) info. WAIT - try clearing history first.... before cookies.

RebeccahQP

May-10

Thanks, kid. If I open in an incognito tab, the forum looks normal again, so definitely it's something cached at my end. I tried clearing Chrome's cache and that didn't help, so let's see if I can find where to clear the history.

Good luck - google exactly what you want to do plus your phone and see if that helps.

RebeccahQP

May-10

Chrome's history clearing option is broken - multiple complaints on various platform, it just hangs. I guess I'll have to use incognito mode (or Firefox browser) on my phone to view Delphi forums, until they fix it.

What? thats crazy - temp files should clear or I'm guessing a lot of browser crashing would happen lol

Try closing all the tabs/pages you have open, close the browser completely and restart your phone. type www.delphiforums.com into the address bar, and don't let it auto complete on you. Hopefully that works - try visiting that one forum where they are still using the older mobile site with the private session, or form a different browser. Is your phone a Samsung?

RebeccahQP

May-14

A day or two later everything was back to normal. I assume the cache entry expired.