Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Email Notifications   Account Maintenance

Started May-17 by Krathyn2 (Phantom7031); 2332 views.
I have done all the things Gunter suggested in another thread. That is, checked my Preferences and no, I did not turn them off and they are not turned off. I have put mydelphi@delphiforums.com into my Contacts. I have checked for Spam and Trash. I stopped receiving email notifications on the 14th. I have a file folder for Delphi Posts which my search always brings up wiht posts i received then and prior to then.
I have noticed this is an ongoing, kind of comes and goes, problem with Delphi and I am not the only person ever affected by it.
In one place I was told gmail trashes Delphi notifications. I read where someone else was told to use Gmail for notifications because their provider doesn't recognize Delphi forums.
My guess is that this will correct itself in a few days, meanwhile its "Hurry up and wait."
I always check my own forums and those I have controls on by just going to the forum. If I get any others I may not get the notifications.
Hurry UP and Wait?
gunter

May-17

Did you get my Reply via Email?

I see bounces of email to you, which is something new with gmail, meaning at some point email to you got marked as Spam.  If there are older messages in the Spam folder mark them Not Spam.

In the meantime, you can see if there are messages to you on MyForums, which may help some. 

http://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums

In reply toRe: msg 2
Were gmail bouncing emails from DelphiForums it would be site-wide at gmail. It isn't. I have a gmail account and have never had any problems with notifications@mydelphi.com EVER.
WaltHowe
Staff

May-18

We don't know the reason, but gmail definitely bounced two of our messages back on the account in question. It does happen, and after we receive a few bounces, we stop sending until the person resets his email address.

It would be nice if we could ask gmail what flags set that off. I've tried this with email clients and Internet providers...only to get low-level outsourced support on the other side of the planet where I keep asking them to repeat themselves because their accent is a bit thick! When I ask for someone higher up the ladder...I wait 20 seconds and then I get a dial tone. *eye roll*
In reply toRe: msg 2
i went into searching SPAM and found your email and the email link which led me back here. gmail decided this was not a trusted link or site and i had to proceed to something they thought was "unsafe"
I have my settings for safety as low as they will go in order to be able to get posts from Delphi and also Proboards.com where I have a board and am administrator on someone else's. I have been receiving theirs but not Delphi's. (they will not let me go directly to theirs without an error message, I HAVE to go through the links emailed to me.
This was recent as of the 14th and I believe the computer and gmail updated themselves that day, which may be the issue here.
Thank you for the heads up.
Yes I go to My forums in order to check most of it these days.
Tired of gmail acting like Big Brother...
gunter

May-18

Were you able to mark the items in Spam not Spam, that should help?

In reply toRe: msg 7
your email was the only thing in Spam that was NOT Spam. I did not find any previous items and I did not find any notifications in trash either.
i marked your email NOT SPAM, and I have yet to receive another notification.
Having gone to MY FORUMS and also to my forums, I have had messages posted to me since I retrieved that one. I checked spam again. Nothing in there that was not spam, this time.
gunter

May-19

let us know if you received notifications for this message ...

WaltHowe
Staff

May-19

Also, if you haven't done so already, reset your email in Preferences. Change it to something else, and change it back. We stop sending the messages after a few bounces, and the reset should activate it again.