Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Delete account and get a new nickname   Account Maintenance

Started Aug-18 by Dave (Alysa3bike); 386 views.
Dave (Alysa3bike)

Aug-18

I need to delete a nic and get a different one... how can I do this??

gunter

Aug-18

If you mean the Dave nick you are showing now, that can be changed in your Preferences ... look for the Preferences tab on My Forums https://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums.

Your Alysa3bike membername will always show, you need to start a new account from scratch if that's what you want to change. A link to close your current account is at the bottom of your Preferences.

Each account takes a different email address. Release your current address for re-use by changing it in Preferences to a non-working one.  If you have a gmail address, you can add a dot anywhere in your name, we see that as a different address while it still goes to the same box at gmail. For instance, if your address is myname@gmail.com you can make it my.name@gmail.com when opening a new account.

let us know how it goes ...

• Edited August 18, 2019 3:33 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 2
WTexas

Sep-1

So the only way to change a username is to open a new account?

Why would you close your current account?

If you close the current one, can you reopen it?

In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

Sep-1

Right, WTexas will always show unless you open a new account.

You can have as many accounts as you can handle, no need to close one unless you want to for some reason.

We can usually open recently closed accounts.