Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

PM subject line ghosts   Feedback & Wishlist

Started Nov-3 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 519 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-3

Before I poke around, do either of you know how to remove the subject line from PMs?

And while we are at it can you put *remove old subject lines on the To Do list next time there's a need to fiddle with PMs. These old subject lines still appear in the list of Conversations but cannot be changed or removed and they can lead to confusion!

OOooooo Imagine if I was STEAMED at some one way back when and had: Hey you big dumb JERK in the subject line but as life would have things we were now on friendly terms... EVERY one of my current PMs would carry that line.

GAH!

Actually that would be quite funny lol

CC to WaltHowe
gunter
Staff

Nov-14

I actually knew there was this unanswered message somewhere while waking up in the middle of the night, thanks for locating.

still don't know ...

In reply toRe: msg 3
Sorry.any how nice to see you :)
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-15

Well you are doing better than me as I forgot I wrote this. Anyhoo - I could not find a way from the user side.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-20

I’m still gathering info but one forum is having PM problems with not being able to PM members or not being able to reply to PMs 

I was wondering if tech was working on the PMs 

EDITING : ok so the problem is that members who have Member to Member email switched off cannot be reached by any means, even if we had a conversation going - which is fine except these members did not want to receive emails - PMs are fine.

Being that emailing members via their profiles was completely removed I am requesting that the wording on the Preferences page be edited to say Member to Member Private Messaging (instead of email)

gunter
Staff

Nov-20

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

Preferences page be edited to say Member to Member Private Messaging (instead of email)

noted

In reply toRe: msg 7
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-23

Could I expand on that...

Delphi has removed the ability to email other members, now if they did away with the Profile Index (or made it not visible to members only to you guys/tech) then that would limit spammers further and whilst amending the Preferences page, they could remove that line as well. Oh and the Browse Profiles link that is on our own profile page.

The index serves 0 useful purpose that I know of.

gunter
Staff

Nov-24

Members do have a choice in Preferences to have their Profile indexed, but I suspect in the current configuration the listing has very little use.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Nov-24

Is the current default for new members Excluded? In the past it’s been Included as the default.

Anyway as far as I know it’s never served a useful purpose on Delphi for anyone outside of Spammers.

Mind you - if it does disappear I’m sure someone will let us know if I’m wrong (I’m pre-apologizing now!confused)