Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Ignore button   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Apr-7 by Marola (Larouge1); 551 views.
Marola (Larouge1)

Apr-7

Isn't this feature available any more?

MEDDLY

Apr-7

I could be wrong but all you need to do is click on the person's name and the ignore option is there (after View Full Profile, Send Private Message).

In reply toRe: msg 2
Marola (Larouge1)

Apr-8

Thank you, I had forgotten where the feature was located.

MEDDLY

Apr-8

v

• Edited April 8, 2020 9:21 am  by  MEDDLY
ramseylurker

Apr-10

When I do that, I get a confirmation pop-up (with buttons for cancel or OK) that won't go away when I click OK. Clicking on cancel works, however.

A while back, I managed to put a couple of people on ignore and get it to stick after pulling up their profile pages, and clicking on then ignore link there, which worked.

But with this new guy, I can't even get his profile page to come up.

I've logged in and out a several times since I tried to put him on ignore yesterday, but I can still see his posts. His profile page still won't come up.

gunter

Apr-10

ramseylurker said:

His profile page still won't come up.

https://profiles.delphiforums.com/ramseylurker brings up your profile, change the membername  to the one you want. If it doesn't come up it's a closed account, which happens to spammers for instance .

PM me with the name and I'll check more.

• Edited April 10, 2020 8:52 am  by  gunter
[PC] (BIG_MONTANA)

Apr-13

MEDDLY said:

I could be wrong but all you need to do is click on the person's name and the ignore option is there (after View Full Profile, Send Private Message).

But it does not work, at least for me, as I have to go to the persons profile to ignore them. Which does not work from work since a lot of Delphi features are blocked.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Apr-13

Hi

Ignore came up for me and I was able to ignore you and then switch to another forum - come back and you were gone when I came back in. I fiddled, found you switched off 'ignore' by clicking on "unignore" you and you were back. At what point are you having the problem? edited to correct spelling

Lyndy
DF Community Support Team

[PC] (BIG_MONTANA)

Apr-13

Lyndy (Lyndy7) said:

Ignore came up for me and I was able to ignore you and then switch to another forum - come back and you were gone when I came back in. I fiddled, found you switched off 'ignore' by clicking on "unignore" you and you were back. At what point are you having the problem? edited to correct spelling

From within the forums itself, as when I click on a user's name I get the option to ignore, but when I click on ignore a box comes up to ignore the user but when you click on it and select ok the box never goes away unless you select cancel. I have to select Users Profile instead and ignore them from there which does not work at my work since parts of Delphi are blocked. I have the same issue with my personal laptop as well but at least I can view the user profile and ignore them. I have tried multiple browsers, IE, Chrome, Firefox, Chromium version of Edge to no avail.

Lyndy (Lyndy7)

Apr-13

just click on ok , then leave the forum or away from the person, and see what happens