Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

password change   Account Maintenance

Started Apr-17 by fafa (suzare); 533 views.
fafa (suzare)

Apr-17

And like a bad penny, I am back :*) I got a message that my password might have been compromised in a data breach and that I should change it. I was sent a temporary password which I used to sign in, but when I tried to change it to a 10 character, I kept getting an error message that my password had to be between 6 and 16 characters. Now, I'm no mathematician, but I'm pretty sure I met those parameters *smile* May I please have your assistance?
Thanks ~ suzare
gunter

Apr-17

fafa (suzare) said:

I got a message that my password might have been compromised in a data breach and that I should change it.

This doesn't sound like anything originating with us. Was it something mentioning password or did you get it  on login to confirm your email address? If it was an email, forward or copy the msg to service@delphiforums.com to check out.

When changing passwords, do not use any link in the message you got. Log in at https://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums to change your password in Preferences.  Type it in, do not copy paste. Use only letters and numbers, no spaces.

In reply toRe: msg 2
fafa (suzare)

Apr-17

Hello Gunter,
I was about to log in and a message popped up suggesting I change my password due to a potential data breach. When I attempted to do so, It wouldn't accept my original password to make that change, so I had to request a forgot my password code. That worked, but again when I went to change my password, I got an error message that it had to be between 6 and 16 characters which it was. Only me :*)
gunter

Apr-18

Can you try changing the password with a different  browser, that gives you a clean start?   Clear browsing  history before trying again.

Use only letters and numbers, no spaces, no space at the end.

The message you got may have been from your antivirus or a scam attempt.

In reply toRe: msg 4
breezy (2Breezy2)

Apr-18

Hi Gunter,

I had to borrow a friend's user name and temp password. I will do as suggested and see what happens. I couldn't log in under my name and got a temp password for that also. Fingers crossed.

In reply toRe: msg 2
fafa (suzare)

Apr-18

Hi Gunter,

I'm in after a number of frustrating tries. I kept getting the must be between 6 and sixteen characters. I was using a ? mark in my password as most sites require numbers or characters. I deleted it and I'm good to go now.

Thanks as always,

Susan

gunter

Apr-18

good to hear ...

In reply toRe: msg 7
fafa (suzare)

Apr-18

Thanks for your help gunter. Stay safe and well.
In reply toRe: msg 4

How do I change the PW?  I used another browser as you suggested, but can't find the option to change it ... 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Apr-26

It's on your Preferences page.