Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

private message and notice alert   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started May-11 by ron_d97044 (rond97044); 2020 views.

Every time I log in it says I have a private message from a chatter and when I go to it the message inbox there is no message and when I click on delete conversation it says "you must specify the conversation to delete". Is there a problem with the private messaging server? 

gunter

May-11

We did have a PM problem which has been fixed.

Is it working  for for you now?

In reply toRe: msg 2

No its still not working and cant delete the notification 

Kid (Kidmagnet)

May-11

Is it in the Notification section?

If that is the case once you click on the Notification section there is a Delete under each Notification.

In reply toRe: msg 2
CAT (Wanna_Cruise)

May-12

Gunter, something is still wrong with mine.

• If I get a PM, I see the "fly by" pop-up but nothing stays in my PM box.
  • Also, I see a notice that I have messages in inbox from this person but open it up and the messages are empty. I tried "delete conversation" but then the error message: "You must specify the conversation to delete." I want to delete the messages and start over.
  • Can you have tech to do that for me or explain what I need to do to correct this snag?
gunter

May-12

This is in your Inbox, tab is on MyForums https://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums ?

Did you see above message from the Kid to click on the notification box and delete from there.

Or in your Inbox send a test PM to the member, then delete the conversation?

• Edited May 12, 2020 5:38 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 6
CAT (Wanna_Cruise)

May-12

Yes Gunter, I followed what the kid said before. Nothing works for this particular member's messages to me or mine to him. 

All of the others that I had, including one from the kid months ago, are all back. 

I checked setting for the member, ignore, gag, etc. Nothing is amiss there. Cannot send the member a PM or send from my inbox. It is just blank. Does send the "flyby"s but nothing else. 

Thank you!

In reply toRe: msg 7
CAT (Wanna_Cruise)

May-12

I tried to send "Private Messages and notices" from above link.  I clicked "send" but nothing happens. So, I clicked "delete" and that didn't work either, here is a screen shot.

Attachments
gunter

May-12

moved here

IHello,
I have one conversation in my Inbox that I cannot delete. I can delete any others but when I try to delete the one with Wanna_Cruise, it says I must identify a conversation. It think it is frozen for some
reason and needs to be deleted by you. Thanks in advance.
MrBlueEyes_32