Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

error on sig   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jun-4 by Cathy (237cats); 288 views.
Cathy (237cats)

Jun-4

I have a sig I am trying to download and everytime I try I get and error occurred while trying to download your sig and it won't load. I tried renaming it and the same thing. Is there anything I can do?
gunter

Jun-4

What is the filename, should not have spaces and only letters and numbers?

In reply toRe: msg 2
Cathy (237cats)

Jun-4

It's called giftoflove.gif and cuz of the error msg I changed it to gift, but I know where the original one is. If it has spaces is there a way I can change it?
gunter

Jun-4

When you change the name, it still needs the extension, like gift.gif?

In reply toRe: msg 4
Cathy (237cats)

Jun-8

I'm doing that and it seems everyone else can post the large version, but me.

Julea did shrink it and I was able to save it. At first I thought Delphi wouldn't let me post the sig cuz it was too big, but no.

gunter

Jun-8

Is the original a gif and it's on your computer or in your Files here?

In reply toRe: msg 7
Cathy (237cats)

Jun-8

I don't know if it's the original, but I asked Kidmagnet the same question I asked you and she finally said lose the animation and that seemed to do the trick. Could it be that simple?
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jun-8

Cathy (237cats) said:

lose the animation

LOL nooooo well yes but that was not why I posted that.

I saved the original gif file to my computer then inserted it into a message (I did alter the name to add a 3 at the end of giftoflove). As you can see the file uploads fine but the animation is lost. That's because Delphi slightly resized it as it was a tiny bit over the size limit. 

then I uploaded it from my computer to my Files and the animation was retained. 

Being your goal was to resize the photo I suggested the animated gif resizer I found. I'm still not sure why it would not upload for you though. 

Cathy (237cats)

Jun-12

It just didn't dawn on me to resize the gif beforehand. I posted it on my test site thinking Delphi would automatically shrink it. I just didn't I couldn't post it at all. Thank you Kid