Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Repeatedly booted..   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jun-11 by Jeri (azpaints); 1143 views.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-16

Are you considering FB. Message board? I haven’t lost any internet connection to any site I surf except Delphi. I haven’t noticed any rebooting or reloading of pages.
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-16

I seldom use the backup iPad for internet surfing at all. It’s my Kindle, Nook, Apple Books reading iPad. The most online activity it sees is email and messaging. The Delphi cookies had to be from before I bought this larger iPad in November. I’m on Chrome today. I’ll try Safari later. So far on Chrome it’s livable, only boots me when I go from my forums page to a forum.
Showtalk

Jun-16

Yes FB. I sent you a message on how to clear open windows, cookies and website data.

Showtalk

Jun-16

If the two iPads are synced together it could still cause confusion since they are still on the wifi. Your problem is probably related to the cookies.  Something is confusing Delphi.

• Edited June 16, 2020 5:57 pm  by  Showtalk
Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-16

The backup iPad I read on isn’t normally connected to the net. Plus wheN I am done with this one, I turn off WiFi and Bluetooth. Then when I’m ready to read, I turn on the smaller one in the bedroom, only turning on WiFi when I want to download a new book. I normally search and download several books at one time so I am never without a choice of books. That iPad is turned off every am.
Showtalk

Jun-16

Then it must be cookies and website data.

[PC] (BIG_MONTANA)

Jun-17

Jeri (azpaints) said:

No, I didn’t. I have two WiFi systems available to me and they are my son’s responsibility. I’m going to see if what I did last night helped before I pester him. As I understand it, shutting the router down also affects our home security and phone system.

It is possible that your iPad is being passed form one network to the other, and consumer equipment takes longer to finalize the handshake as it is called, to pass you from one network to another and reestablish your connection.  You may want to select the Ask to join networks feature so it will not connect automatically to your 2nd one, and will keep you connected.

Jeri (azpaints)

Jun-17

It’s setup for me to connect to one specific WiFi, I have to not only ask to join the second one, it gets a new password every month or so and I have to get the code from my son to get on.