Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Basic Account Be Private   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Jul-1 by Fancy Boots/Lady Patriot (FancyBoots); 653 views.

Hello,

Does a basic account have the privilege of being made private?

Thanks!

gunter

Jul-1

Not clear which private you have in mind. DelphiBasic members can set not to index their Profile and not to receive PMs by turning off Member to Member Emails in Preferences.

They cannot own private  forums or set limited access folders in their forums.

let us know if you need more help with this ...

In reply toRe: msg 2
Thanks, you answered the question. Would the next level of membership be able to become a private forum?
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-2

It takes a Plus Membership 

Here's Delphi's membership comparison chart 

https://www.delphiforums.com/plans.ptt

Thanks! I had just found the comparison.
Have a good rest of the week & a good 4th weekend!
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-2

Thank you - today was Canada's day 

:)

Frankly without work they are all the same lol

You have a great one Boots sparkles

I have a few questions in regard to the "Delphi's membership comparison chart" that you just linked to.

Specifically what constitutes a "premium forum" and the functionality limited to them. (as more particularly set forth below)

I was a Delphi Plus member back when that idea was first rolled out, and back then the "premium" forums were limited to other plus members only. Is that still the case, or are all Delphi members now allowed access to premium forums?

What about polls? All forums used to be able to create polls. Now that is no longer the case. Has the ability to create polls been made exclusive to "premium" forums?

If that is the case, is the ability to start a poll limited to Delphi Plus members?

If a basic member owns a basic forum, and they upgrade their membership level to plus, can that forum, with it's existing content be upgraded into a "premium" forum, with all of it's advanced features?

And, pertaining to the other functionality of premium forums ( folder management, creating moderators, etc) would other basic members visiting such a forum be able to be permitted to access private folders or to be made moderators....or are all those "premium" features exclusive to plus members only?

It's confusing because the privileges seem to have been jostled around from what I recall being the case. If I recall properly, the ability to use html in a post was restricted to plus membership when plus was first offered. I can see now that no longer is the case.

Thanks for your help.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-4

Kicks keep getting (HarderToFind) said:

I was a Delphi Plus member back when that idea was first rolled out, and back then the "premium" forums were limited to other plus members only. Is that still the case, or are all Delphi members now allowed access to premium forums?

I think you are referring to the Delphi Plus Zone which was a catagory of the index restricted to only Plus Members. I believe that has been eliminated.

So in short Premium Forums can be open for all to visit. Hosts can still add some access restrictions, but they are not based on membership level of visitors.

Kicks keep getting (HarderToFind) said:

And, pertaining to the other functionality of premium forums ( folder management, creating moderators, etc) would other basic members visiting such a forum be able to be permitted to access private folders or to be made moderators....or are all those "premium" features exclusive to plus members only?

Yes to both - basic members can be granted access to private folders and be given moderating privileges. In Classic set forums they can be chat Mods and Forum Editors. Editors can access Set Privileges screens for other posters (to grant voice or add restrictions), edit or delete any forum posts, move/close/delete discussions and promote discussions.

In a Zeta forum basic members can be granted full assistant privileges which gives them the same access to Controls as an assistant with a Plus membership.

Here are forum comparisons https://www.delphiforums.com/forumfeatures.ptt

Thanks for your help.
I noticed that you made no mention of polls, and there does not appear to be a listing for polls in the comparison chart that you link to.....Are polls reserved just for premium forums?

I remember there was always a switch in the controls to enable/disable polls...but I don't think those are there any longer for basic forums. (unless I have been mistaken/misled)

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-4

Polls are a Premium feature and do need to be enabled.