Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

editor not working right   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jul-6 by JayJ (XJayJX); 1241 views.
gunter

Jul-20

Loray is an active account so the system won't let you use it.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-20

I was able to change my name to it in chat last night. Try other nicks and see if you cursor disappears and won't return permanently. 

gunter

Jul-20

Was that in the same forum? The name may be a visitor in that forum in the past.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-20

Seniors hideaway - yes I just successfully changed it to Loray and confused the other chatter in the room.

It's not that the system won't let her - it's the fact her cursor disappears and she cannot get it back to type unless she does a chatroom refresh. Editing to say - I got this part wrong

No idea why it would only effect Surface tablets but she said the problem started with the recent Edge update which was most likely received during the last system update, and also occurs (for her) using Firefox on her Surface.

Any of you on staff have one?

I need more devices lol

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-20

JayJ (XJayJX) said:

Now, every time I try to type in a chat room, I have to click first to see my cursor. I have never had to do that before. This is only when I'm using my surface tablet.

Ahhh hang on - I was rereading everything and this is also how it behaves on both my iPhone and my 8 inch Samsung tablet I hit enter and the keyboard and cursor both disappear until I tap on that field again. I think it has always been like that. I am wondering if it is a "responsive" behaviour where previously the system here saw your device as a computer and now sees it as a mobile device.

Sorry Gunter - I should have reread sooner :)

CC to gunter
JayJ (XJayJX)

Jul-20

Good Grief!
My account is Plus, Yes, and has been for a long time.

I do not use Zeta unless I absolutely have to. So I view all in Classic, including Seniors Hideaway.

The Surface is a windows based computer. It's not like a phone and it's larger then a tablet.

No, it has not always been like this as far as the cursor disappearing. At most, I think it's been the last two weeks and is very annoying.

Oh and last night after about a half hour in chat, my cursor again disappeared even though I was chatting as xjayjx so I didn't have to change my nick.

the Loray nick is just a basic account. xjayjx is the plus account.

And as far as it not changing my nick (even though I have it set different in my preferences) must just not work in chats. strange for sure

JayJ (XJayJX)

Jul-20

Loray is "my account" - it was an account I had at Talk city and Its still my basic account.
xjayjx is my Delphi Account and has been sinc 2001 I believe. It is a plus account.
The only reason I change it when I go into seniors hideaway is because that is how the people there know me (from talk city)
JayJ (XJayJX)

Jul-20

Oh and I have used that nice in delphi since talk city became a part of delphi. It's been used by me almost daily in the Senior hideaway chat room.
So it's not a new thing.
What is new, is that when I am in chat, be it Seniors hideaway or my own room Island oasis, the same thing happens.
Just so you know, I went to my Island Oasis, entered my chat, could not type until I clicked in the type space to get my flashing cursor. Did the /nick to change my nick to JayJ and no cursor.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-21

Sorry this is so frustration. And for all my questions... You are chatting with the default chat and not Java?

JayJ (XJayJX)

Jul-21

correct. I have not asked for java for ages.

I guess it's one of those things I just have to live with. I'm not smart enough to figure it out. but Thanks for trying.