Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Emoji in Classic   General Information

Started Jul-10 by Kid (Kidmagnet); 318 views.
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-10

?

In Classic these will not copy paste - I don't really understand how they are universally used anyway. However is there a reason they won't work in Classic? Asking for a host. They work in Zeta and Zeta chat.

ahhh not working here.

This site https://emojipedia.org/sparkles/ I should have posted this at hosts... lol

OK not working in Zeta so let me rephrase.... Why do they work in chat but not on the message board. I feel like the coding is stripped after we hit post.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-11

https://medium.com/making-faces-and-other-emoji/emoji-on-the-web-537c5769dffa

OK - now I understand what emoji are and why they are not working on the forum, We have smileys which image files stored on Delphi, yes? Where emoji is more in the font family and would require more site coding and has the potential to slow down the page loads.

Back in the day we had lots of free smiley sites - can't find any and I am not sure how safe they are.

If anyone has a solution for the lack of expressive graphics to use on the forums OR if someone wants to create a small library of them- upload it to your Delphi space, create a html document with them on there that member could copy paste from or open a forum called Delphi Smileys... let me know . I'm happy to help!

lol

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-11

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

If anyone has a solution for the lack of expressive graphics to use on the forums OR if someone wants to create a small library of them- upload it to your Delphi space, create a html document with them on there that member could copy paste from or open a forum called Delphi Smileys... let me know . I'm happy to help!

Well I already opened the forum but a short cut to my accomplishment occurred to me. The editor in Zeta has better smileys than the one in Classic. And they are available to everyone Basic to Plus!

Would it be against ToS or just plain cheating to allow anyone to use them in Classic - and to make that easier by creating a copy and paste library?

Say...

smile

smiley

grinning

blush

wink

heart_eyes

Then members could just copy and paste them into Classic (where they may appear larger but still...)

The only reason I am asking is because in Classic smileys are not available for Basic members but in Zeta they are.

grin

CC to gunter
WaltHowe
Staff

Jul-11

We wouldn't create a new library to add options to Classic, but copying and pasting within membership limits is probably OK. Not sure how you mean to do it.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-11

WaltHowe said:

but copying and pasting within membership limits is probably OK.

well this is where it's hinky - in Classic the editor for Basic members does not include Smileys

and in Zeta it does (and this forum is owned by my Basic membership)

And Smileys are not mentioned as a membership perk

Indeed a Basic member could open a post in Zeta, place a smiley in there and copy and paste to a Classic forum and there'd really be no issue, right?

All I wanted to do is create a few posts where members who are using Classic could copy and paste Zeta smileys into Classic forum posts they are composing. I just didn't wast to be crossing any lines in doing so. https://forums.delphiforums.com/delphismileys/messages?msg=1.1

May I proceed?

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-12

Great! 
Thank you

Sassy (MrsSassy)

Jul-21

YOU ARE SIMPLY put AMAZING!

(((hugs))) Thanks so much!
Sassy

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-21

Thank you!

And thanks for reminding me I did this - I forgot to promote!

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-21

WaltHowe
Staff

Jul-12

Sure!

You know - I could edit my previous message to ask permission for ALL KINDS OF THINGS! 

Hey Walt, can I upload peanut butter and jam to my file storage?

WaltHowe: Sure!

Hey Walt, can I declare July 31 Delphi Forums Chatting from the Bathtub Day?

Walthowe: Sure!

Hey Walt.... can I TAKE OVER THE WORLD?

Walthowe: Sure!