Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Emptying a folder   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jul-13 by JZBelle; 222 views.
JZBelle

Jul-13

If a folder had 1000 posts in it; I did mass move to archives (I'm hostess of Family Matters) as much as it would let me. It reduced the # of posts in folder to 690 with me doing that.

I was trying to empty it so it would be like a new empty folder. When I click on the 690 link, it will not bring up anymore posts.

So, does that mean it's basically "cleared" out and another could use that folder as their own?
At some point, will those 690 posts that are still supposedly there going to creep back into that folder?

Thank you. Julea

• Edited July 13, 2020 2:08 pm  by  JZBelle
Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-13

Yes, another can use it. If there are lost posts they most likely won't resurface. The counter might just be off. 

The only time I would discourage this (reusing) is when the folder was previously private and may have contained sensitive posts.

JZBelle

Jul-13

OK that's great -- I don't think they were "sensitive" Things (which are not many) like that are deleted rather than kept. Sensitive matters are handle via email generally.

I will consider they're "empty" (ha) and place as EMPTY until we're ready to use. TY for your help.

Kid (Kidmagnet)

Jul-14

You're welcome - I'd periodically check the folder (click on the header so just that folder loads) and make sure it's all recent stuff.  But otherwise post away! lol

JZBelle

Jul-14

Yes, I will do that. I already figured those ghosts might return to haunt at any time (wink)!