Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Can't copy and paste ... Fixed!   Technical Issues/Bugs

Started Jul-15 by BG311; 6097 views.
BG311

Jul-16

All of my history has been deleted.  So my files have been cleared away but I am still not able to copy at paste as I should be able to do at Jesus' Place. 

In reply toRe: msg 3
BG311

Jul-16

All of my history from my browsing history has been cleared and I am still not able to copy and paste at Jesus' Place.

In reply toRe: msg 6
gunter

Jul-16

Is it just in your foru , what about here?

In reply toRe: msg 7
BG311

Jul-16

It is at my forum and here that I cannot copy and paste with my favorite browser:  Firefox.  With firefox I can copy and paste to Facebook and other places such as through e-mail.

I can copy and paste at Jesus' Place with Microsoft Edge but it isn't the browser I want to use.

In reply toRe: msg 8
gunter

Jul-16

Have you tried using ctrl-c after highlighting, then  ctrl-v after clicking where you want it ?

BG311

Jul-16

The Microsoft Edge Browser is working just fine.  So far there have been no problems copying and pasting as usual with the Edge Browser.  It was the FireFox Browser that I love that couldn't copy and paste at Jesus' Place.

In reply toRe: msg 10
WaltHowe
Staff

Jul-17

There are basically three ways to copy and paste selected text or images, and software differs in which ways it supports. One way is to use the Edit menu in software and using Copy and Paste from a drop-down Edit menu. Another is to right click on the selection and then using Copy and Paste from the menu that pops up. A third is to use Ctrl-C to copy and Ctrl-V to paste (or on a Mac, use Command instead of Control). Sometimes pop-up blockers interfere with one or more of these methods. If one method fails, try another. 

BG311

Jul-17

Thank you!  I appreciate you taking time to outline the various means that can be used to copy and paste.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Kidmagnet

Jul-18

Hi Brenda, can you look at the top of the Firefox screen and click on Help as I've circled here. Then you click on About Firefox and it will tell you which version you are on .

I just updated to Firefox 90.0 and I cannot copy paste either. Not with my mouse and not with the keyboard short cuts (sorry it took so long, only back at home now)

**Gunter - I can copy and paste from paint as I've with in the screen shots as well as other software (notepad for example) but not from a webpage. which includes Delphi. I think the CKEditor is conflicting with the latest version of FF and tech needs to update the software.

CC to gunter
  • Edited July 19, 2021 5:37 pm  by  Kidmagnet
gunter

Jul-18

Kid (Kidmagnet) said:

I can copy and paste from paint ...

Strange ... at times I get the highlighted words showing below the entry window to pick as a suggested phrase?