Delphi Forums Member Services

Hosted by DelphiForums|www.delphiforums.com/support

The Delphi Member Services Forum is for all your membership issues including using Delphi, billing questions, bug reports, and suggestions.

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

open to newest unread post   Navigating Delphi Forums

Started Oct-21 by mkh106; 506 views.
mkh106

Oct-21

i wonder if that is an option? maybe i just don’t know the setting to activate it?

when i go to the forum, in “unread messages”, it goes to the thread with unread messages but always to the original, opening post instead of the first unread one.

can i change that so that it takes me straight to the first unread one?

In reply toRe: msg 1
gunter

Oct-22

It should open to the unread ones. Perhaps the original is sticky, set by staff in the forum.

Check in the forum or give us a link to the discussion.

In reply toRe: msg 2
mkh106

Oct-22

just checked the lifering forum, and once again it opened to the first post in the thread instead of to the unread one.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/lifering/messages/?msg=3561.1

In reply toRe: msg 2
EpicTale

Oct-22

Gunter - Every time I enter a forum, if I select a thread to read with new and old posts, it always starts at the first message regardless of the forum (at least for those I read, and I know they aren't stickies). Once I've started reading within a forum, and then select a thread with new posts, then it takes me to the first unread. When I first enter a forum, if I can, I select a thread without new posts, and then go through those with new posts, otherwise, I try to select a thread that is entirely new. Not sure if it's supposed to work any other way, but ever since I can remember, it's been like this.

Although I should add, that I use Classic versus Zeta, so not sure if that makes a difference.

• Edited October 22, 2021 3:17 pm  by  EpicTale
In reply toRe: msg 3
gunter

Oct-22

It's not sticky, so the question becomes how are you getting there? If you are using a bookmark or link, check the url to see it doesn't specify a message number like the link you gave. Should be just http://forums.delphiforums.com/lifering or http://forums.delphiforums.com/service for example without anything tagged on.

Make sure you are actually logged in before entering a forum, if not the system won't know which messages you've seen.

Best way to start is from MyForums, then use the links on that page to go to forums, see if that works works for.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/myforums

CC to EpicTale
  • Edited October 22, 2021 4:30 pm  by  gunter
In reply toRe: msg 5
mkh106

Oct-22

thanks, gunter, and yes, i go from a bookmark, but not one with a specific message number.

hm yeah, i don’t think i’m logged in when i do that.

• Edited October 22, 2021 10:23 pm  by  mkh106
In reply toRe: msg 6
mkh106

Oct-23

so i came here first, made sure i was logged in, then went to lifering forum thread with new message, and still it opens to OP.
so not being logged in is not the problem.

In reply toRe: msg 7
mkh106

Oct-25

no matter how logged in i am before i go to the forum, it simply will not open to the first unread but only to the OP.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Kidmagnet

Oct-25

There are certain discussions of a few forums that this happens to me with. Or suddenly several discussions will show messages as unread I had already seen.

I chalk it up to quirks... however

If this is all discussions look again at how you arrive. Skip bookmarks altogether and log in at www.delphiforums.com Then use the My Forums page to go to the forum using the New Messages or the Messages to Me links not the Forum name. If it is still happening my last suggestion would be to remove the permanent cookies Delphi sets on your browser. (if you need help with that just reply with which browser you use.)

mkh106

Oct-26

yep, still happening. i use Opera.

thanks, Kidmagnet.

it's just annoying, but not a big deal in the big scheme of things. in fact, it is faster to just scroll to the last post than to get to the forum by the route via delphiforums.com and then logging in and going to 'my forums'.